• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E What single new class would you like to see?

G

Guest 6801328

Somebody in this thread (or was it in the "Is Warlock broken?" thread) that said it would be cool to see a Divine caster that was somewhat analogous to Warlock: i.e., a caster working on a different mechanic and refreshing on short rests.

Now what I'm picturing is a class based on the premise that a God/Goddess "touches" an individual with a kind of madness.

A Cleric has formally studied his deity, and serves as a kind of representative, and identifies himself as such. It's a voluntary relationship. This new class, on the other hand, has some intrinsic qualities and or performed actions that drew the attention of the deity. It wasn't voluntary. He might not really know much about the deity, or claim to represent him/her/it, but he's aware of (and possibly unimpressed or even annoyed by) the relationship.

The crazy hermit is the obvious archetype, but all kinds of fun RP concepts would work.

G

Guest 6801328

That was/is the Favored Soul which became a Sorcerer subclass in UA awhile back. Except for the short rests part anyway.

Sort of. Favored Soul you could think of as "empowered" and I'm picturing more "touched". (But not as in, "Show us on the doll where Silvanus touched you.") Crazy rather than Badass.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
I've got a beast master concept I've been fiddling around with, but need some min/maxers to take it for a play test. My group if fairly casual. The concepts are done in such a way that action economy is in tact.

Kite474

Explorer
Somebody in this thread (or was it in the "Is Warlock broken?" thread) that said it would be cool to see a Divine caster that was somewhat analogous to Warlock: i.e., a caster working on a different mechanic and refreshing on short rests.

Now what I'm picturing is a class based on the premise that a God/Goddess "touches" an individual with a kind of madness.

A Cleric has formally studied his deity, and serves as a kind of representative, and identifies himself as such. It's a voluntary relationship. This new class, on the other hand, has some intrinsic qualities and or performed actions that drew the attention of the deity. It wasn't voluntary. He might not really know much about the deity, or claim to represent him/her/it, but he's aware of (and possibly unimpressed or even annoyed by) the relationship.

The crazy hermit is the obvious archetype, but all kinds of fun RP concepts would work.

Pathfinder did this with the Oracle (concept wise) are you thinking something along those lines or something else. Asking mainly for conformation. Would love a "Divine Warlock" myself!

G

Guest 6801328

Pathfinder did this with the Oracle (concept wise) are you thinking something along those lines or something else. Asking mainly for conformation. Would love a "Divine Warlock" myself!

I've never played Pathfinder so I'm not familiar with the class, nor looking at the mechanics can I really tell much, but the description is spot on!

Remove ads