• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E What spells from previous edition do you want in XGTE?

Dualazi

First Post
Not any spell in particular, but I'd like to see more summons, for one. I get that they're a pain to balance, but it's a really fun archetype with a lot of potential, not only for combat but exploration and possibly social as well.

Speaking even more broadly, I'd like spells that are a little more niche or creative in their applications. An example would be like the current glyph of warding, it's only really strong when you strategize around moving or tricking an enemy onto it, or in situations where the player is needing to fortify or guard a position. I don't really need to see a dozen variations on "does X element damage in Y range" because those are the easiest to homebrew/modify and have the least interesting applications, for the most part.

It'd also be nice to see more spells with very long cast times or ritual-only spells, since they can typically be allotted more power at the expense of material cost or casting opportunity, and again give the caster more variance in their application.

ScaleyBob

Explorer
Leomund's Secure Shelter.

Always liked the idea of a Spellcaster making their own little cottage, no matter where they were.

Not a specific spell as such, but I would like to see a few Sorcerer exclusive spells added to the game.

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
I would love it if the "light of " planet series or nimbus of light made it. Or greater floating disc -the one you can ride-. Now on other stuff, Arcane Fusion for sorcerers?.

Remathilis

Legend
As to the OP...

Summon spells to summon fiends, shadows, and other monster.

Shadow Magic; especially shadow conjuration/evocation magics as well as some generic darkness/shadow-based spells.

High-level necromancy spells to create other undead

rounding out of elemental spells; especially for elementalists and draconic sorcerers. Fire could use a few new toys, but cold, lightning, and acid are weak and poison and thunder and downright anemic.

Remove ads