• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What the heck is a Bohemian Ear Spoon?

Mercule

Adventurer
Well, here's an ear spoon.

But this is probably more what you're looking for:

I'd also been told that there is a torture instrument called a Bohemian ear spoon. It is something of a small inverse vice (used to spread orifaces). I can't seem to find a picture of it, though (which is probably just as well).

Edit: There are links behind the pictures.

Last edited:

Bregh

Explorer
Here's the text from Gygax's seminal text in the UA:

[u]Unearthed Arcana[/u] (1st edition) said:
Partisan

This form of pole arm is basically a spear--often with an ox tongue blade--to which a pair of small axe heads were added below the dagger blade. To the thrusting stab of the spear was added the defensive use of the side axe blades and their cutting/penetrating potential. Later versions of the partisan yielded a gradual change in the axe blades, so that they became almost unrecognisable as such. Typical of this is the Bohemian earspoon[/i (sic), a form of partisan where the axes have been changed to serve as piercing spikes (primarily to be used against plate armour) with a ranseur-like function. It is very common to see confusion between spetums, ranseurs, and partisans. This especially holds true of late-period partisans, where there are additions to the side blades of spetum-like projections and ranseur-like gaps for trapping opponent weapons...

For those with access to this volume, the picture of the third partisan from the right closely fits with the description above.

Dirigible

Explorer
I'd also been told that there is a torture instrument called a Bohemian ear spoon. It is something of a small inverse vice (used to spread orifaces). I can't seem to find a picture of it, though (which is probably just as well).

That's news to me.

Baaaaaaaaaaad news.

diaglo

Adventurer
the DM's Log book in 1edADnD had some pics of various arms & armor. but i don't recall if the ear spoon was one of them.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads