Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cryptworld

• I Bury the Gods

• Poll closed .

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
I want to run something for a one-shot Halloween-y adventure. But man, I have option paralysis. Right now, I'm looking at OSRIC (specifically using a conversion of the DCC adventure Prince Charming, Reanimator), Cryptworld, I Bury the Gods, Liminal Horror, and Mothership. CoC is off the table as it's the bog standard choice for pretty much everybody in town and I'd like to run something different. So, what say you?

I found Mothership to be easy to pick up and suitably atmospheric for sci-fi horror. It's very easy for players to conceptualize the setting, too, since many are at least familiar with its inspirations, if not big fans.

aco175

Legend
I still play D&D, but make a creepy undead themed module. This year I may have zombies swarm the town and try the minion rules from Matt Colville.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
I still play D&D, but make a creepy undead themed module. This year I may have zombies swarm the town and try the minion rules from Matt Colville.

That's where OSRIC falls on my list. I would run D&D 5e, but my friend is already planning to run a Ravenloft one-shot.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I’d say decide what kind of adventure you want to run and then figure out which system lets you run it best for your group.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
I voted Other:
1664523232508.png

(link)

aramis erak

Legend
I want to run something for a one-shot Halloween-y adventure. But man, I have option paralysis. Right now, I'm looking at OSRIC (specifically using a conversion of the DCC adventure Prince Charming, Reanimator), Cryptworld, I Bury the Gods, Liminal Horror, and Mothership. CoC is off the table as it's the bog standard choice for pretty much everybody in town and I'd like to run something different. So, what say you?
Two ideas...
Mazes and Minotaurs... An old school style ruleset, yet refreshingly different mechanically; spells, swords, and sandals...
Encourage players to show up in greek garb. Hand them the character that best matches their outfit. (anyone in pure modern gets a satyr or dryad for being "nekkid"...)

Or... Kobolds Ate My Baby. King Torg wants a baby for dinner... but the poor kobs sent out can't figure out why there are all these scary monsters about. (Don't warn the players. Describe the kids as being the things they're dressed as.)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases