What type of add-on modules?

Dedekind

Explorer
There has been a lot of comments along the lines of "DDN looks pretty good, but it will definitely need X as a module."

I was going to put together a poll about what type of modules people would expect and want. But my list seems pretty short :( Can you help? What should I add? What should I remove?

• Tactical/Grid Combat
  • Social interaction (Maybe something like Birthright)
  • Detailed skills (Special application of skills or maybe 4e style skills)
  • Mass combat
  • Exploration
  • Custom Magic (a la 3e Epic Level Handbook)

Obviously, there is a separate discussion about what exactly should be core. Let's ignore that for now.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
-Various uses/ways to incorporate Alignment (9-pt, 5-pt, 3-pt, not at all)

-Various "Alternative" magic systems

-Tactical/Minis/Grid Combat, definitely! (maneuvers, stances, AEDU, AoO, stupid pet tricks, whatever else it entails.)

-Optional "Rare/Complex" Classes: Things that are too specialized or not popular enough for inclusion as "base/core" classes.

-Morale rule module.

-Mass Combat module.

-Dominion/Stronghold Rule module.

-Henchmen/Hireling/Retainers Rule module.

-Optional/Alternative Cosmology module (though perhaps better saved as a module in whatever "Deities & Demigods" or 'Manual of the Planes" they are going to put out.)

...I'm sure there's more but that's all I can come up with at the moment...more later, maybe.

--SD

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
OO! Also...either as part of the "Rare/Complex Class" module or maybe as their own module...

-Optional Combat/Character Rules...that aren't technically needed or included for the Tactical/Grid Combat module. Stuff like, "To play a more complex Fighter than the basic presentation, add class abilities X, Y, and Z every 3 levels."..."For a more complex Rogue, add A, B, C to the default skill set" ...or whatever they are.

the Jester

Legend
High magic options.
Low magic options.
No magic options.
Domain management.
The passage of time (setting a dial so that your campaign never sees "1st to 20th level in a month")
Alignment matters mechanically.

Remove ads