• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What type of add-on modules?

Dedekind

Explorer
There has been a lot of comments along the lines of "DDN looks pretty good, but it will definitely need X as a module."

I was going to put together a poll about what type of modules people would expect and want. But my list seems pretty short :( Can you help? What should I add? What should I remove?

• Tactical/Grid Combat
  • Social interaction (Maybe something like Birthright)
  • Detailed skills (Special application of skills or maybe 4e style skills)
  • Mass combat
  • Exploration
  • Custom Magic (a la 3e Epic Level Handbook)

Obviously, there is a separate discussion about what exactly should be core. Let's ignore that for now.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
-Various uses/ways to incorporate Alignment (9-pt, 5-pt, 3-pt, not at all)

-Various "Alternative" magic systems

-Tactical/Minis/Grid Combat, definitely! (maneuvers, stances, AEDU, AoO, stupid pet tricks, whatever else it entails.)

-Optional "Rare/Complex" Classes: Things that are too specialized or not popular enough for inclusion as "base/core" classes.

-Morale rule module.

-Mass Combat module.

-Dominion/Stronghold Rule module.

-Henchmen/Hireling/Retainers Rule module.

-Optional/Alternative Cosmology module (though perhaps better saved as a module in whatever "Deities & Demigods" or 'Manual of the Planes" they are going to put out.)

...I'm sure there's more but that's all I can come up with at the moment...more later, maybe.

--SD

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
OO! Also...either as part of the "Rare/Complex Class" module or maybe as their own module...

-Optional Combat/Character Rules...that aren't technically needed or included for the Tactical/Grid Combat module. Stuff like, "To play a more complex Fighter than the basic presentation, add class abilities X, Y, and Z every 3 levels."..."For a more complex Rogue, add A, B, C to the default skill set" ...or whatever they are.

the Jester

Legend
High magic options.
Low magic options.
No magic options.
Domain management.
The passage of time (setting a dial so that your campaign never sees "1st to 20th level in a month")
Alignment matters mechanically.

Remove ads