What was the Issue? (extended downtime)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrooklynKnight

First Post
Crothian said:
The answer to me seems obvious. All Admins need to have ArthurQ's phone number on a post it to their monitor. That way, any problems happen they can immidiately call him 24/7 to keep him appraised of the workings of EN World. :D
phhht. Thats your honor crothian.

I just think it would be nice for a specific outlet to keep all enworlders and intrested parties apprised of whatever info there is, without having to dig through dreck.

Crothian

First Post
ArthurQ said:
phhht. Thats your honor crothian.

I just think it would be nice for a specific outlet to keep all enworlders and intrested parties apprised of whatever info there is, without having to dig through dreck.

How's that my honor?? It's my humor and was tongue in cheek.

EN World goes done that's not the end of everything. It doesn't really matter the reasons, and if you must know it seems that the little dreck on another board should be no problem.

BrooklynKnight

First Post
I ment it was your honor being apprised of enworlds status 24/7 being the boards top poster....yanno. I figure you need to know when its back up so you can be the first post complaining why you list valuable posting tme.

it was a tongue in cheek reply but i think i failed. woe is me.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
ArthurQ said:
I you see my logic? I hope?

Yes and no. You don't like Nutkinland, and don't want to go there for EN World news. Maybe someone else hates blogs, and doesn't want to touch LiveJournal with a 10 foot pole. If the information needs to be posted somewhere outside of EN World, someone's not going to like the choice of where.

They can't please everyone, and they can't base policy off of one vocal borad member's personal likes and dislikes. That way lies madness.

Coik

First Post
ArthurQ said:
I'm disgusted. We Enworlders shouldnt have to go to nutkinland to get info on why enworld is down. Its a vile and disgusting place and Erics Grandma has no hold there!

Art, you say that like it's a bad thing.

Innocent Enworlders should not be exposed to that place.

Hmm...well, if by "innocent" you mean "people with no sense of humor..."

Thus everyone can get the news in a nice docile enviroment.

I guess I'll just bite my tongue on this one, since I'm sure PKitty wouldn't appreciate me starting a board war.

NADT!

Ain't nothing wrong with Nutkinland. I very rarely go there, it's a very differnt atmosphere, but i don't see any reason to get worked up about that being the chosen up date spot. Actaully it's damn nice of them to let us take up thier space with EN world's problems.

Pbartender

First Post
ArthurQ said:
I'm disgusted. We Enworlders shouldnt have to go to nutkinland to get info on why enworld is down. Its a vile and disgusting place and Erics Grandma has no hold there!

Might I suggest using the Enworld Live Journal Community to post news updates when the site is down?

One needn't post to nor read from any other posts in Nutkinland in order to get the relevant information pertaining to ENworld's down-time. A person doesn't even have to register a username to access the general forum where the information is posted.

Orblivia

First Post
Are we that bad?

ArthurQ said:

Might I suggest using the Enworld Live Journal Community to post news updates when the site is down?

Dude we aren't the bad man in the park givin out candy.

Ok...maybe we are :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads