• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E What was the 'new format'?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
What is the kit and what is the manual (manual, kit, & bundle options)?

So, it is actually a three-part page.

There's an ad for Spelljammer above.

Then below, it is ordering the D&D Accessories set (tokens with interchangeable decals for use as minis), The Monster manual, or the MM and Accessories set together.

If you scroll even farther down, then you get to order Accessories Set 2, the DMG, or the DMG and Accessories set together.

Marandahir

Crown-Forester (he/him)
192 pages yes, but add 14 more pages free and however more pages the prelude adventure is as free, plus any other Monstrous Compendium volumes that support Spelljammer (might not be any).

Seems to me that they cut some of the monsters and the low-level intro adventure out of the books to save time and to keep the adventure and monster books balanced at 64 pages (while the Player/DM Setting Guide more easily fit the 64 pages).

Rather than printing these "cut pages" and separately giving them as free or low-priced charity offerings on DM's Guild, they're just giving them as free offerings as incentives to join their new platform.

Meanwhile the Dragonlance box set is the mass-combat rules for D&D, but set during the War of the Lance, while the adventure is probably akin to Wild Beyond the Witchlight or Strixhaven: Curriculum of Chaos - a few player options that fit the setting but then otherwise being the Fall '22 adventure path / AL Season (in that sense, it's kinda like how Curse of Strahd took us out of the Realms for Season 4).

Jer

Legend
Supporter
What is the kit and what is the manual (manual, kit, & bundle options)?
Why is Amazon listing 2 different dates (8/16 & 7/19)?

View attachment 155730

I hadn't seen the alt covers:
The Kubrick Bundle isn't the Spelljammer set - it's a different product. Amazon's store design is weird.

The second line is some kind of Accessory set - "Dungeons and Dragons Accessories Set 1 (Summer TBA)". It looks like it's a set of tokens for the Monster Manual and the "Manual and Kit Bundle" comes with a Monster Manual as well as the kit. Here's the link to the set where it's more clear what they're selling

BTW - it looks like the creature tokens are stickers with plastic tokens, instead of cardboard punchouts. That's why it's $65. Whether it's actually worth $65 for plastic tokens is an exercise left to the reader.

SakanaSensei

Adventurer
I really, really like the idea of "grab your core books, grab one of the setting slipcases (in much more digestable sizes and a book to pass to your players), and get going."

Retreater

Legend
So ... am I reading this right? You gotta subscribe to DND Beyond to get the new monsters? Which will be digital only? Which will be dependent on Hasbro supporting the app?

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
BTW - it looks like the creature tokens are stickers with plastic tokens, instead of cardboard punchouts. That's why it's $65. Whether it's actually worth $65 for plastic tokens is an exercise left to the reader.
Are those "stickers" reusable decals? (That semi-sticky vinyl stuff that can be stuck on then peeled off again?)
If so, that's kind of a neat idea. I mean, assuming it works well.

Remove ads