What was your first PC's name?

Blastin

First Post
heh...Glad to see that I'm not the only old guy here ;)
First character was Darcon, human wizard made in 1980, AD&D. I played him up to about 14th level "fair" and then the guys I played with went on a munchkin frenzy and we ended up taking on gods and ended up at 100th level. heh...now that was MUNCHKIN power :D

nopantsyet

First Post
Red box dwarf named Dragon Breath. I was 7 or 8 and the DM (a friend's dad) said to come up with a personality for our characters, so I chose really bad breath.

..he wouldn't let me have a breath weapon, though--I really wanted his breath to be mortally bad. That was his only adventure.

Reln

First Post
Basic D&D it was the late 80's I was maybe 13. We had to roll our attributes in order on 3d6, but we could re-roll as much as we wanted. So I had a page of paper coved front and back trying to get 6 numbers above 10. Ended up playing a Halfling with 19 DEX and a 3 CHA, we thought this meant he was ugly so the GM gave me a magic mask that made me invisible whenever I put it on. Thus his name was Mask.

Move forward a bit, convert to 2e, and move to a world without Halflings so the Gods turned me into an elf. I come across a deck of many things. Mind you I'm only 2nd or 3rd level. The GM actually had a deck of cards and I drew all but the last card and managed to overcome all of the adverse effects, using up all my wishes in the process. Walked out side and handed the Void card to a suspicious guy standing in front of my house who happened to be a demon who was my extra plainer enmity. Mask then went Spell Jamming for a wile and ended up in the Forgotten Realms where he has a small Keep.

Now I have converted him to 3e and he is 6th level and has an intelligent long sword, oops rewrite that, rapier named "Askit", form the deck of many things. He lives in a keep and goes by the much more appropriate name of Reln Darkmoon of Darkmoon Keep. The "Darkmoon" is a Black Pearl in a falcons claw he wares that is unbeknownst to him a luck stone.

One of Relns short time companions was a Dwarf by the name of Foulest Bungerhole, and another by the name of Gouda Mizithra, talk about a cheesy name.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Destro. :cool:

it was my 13th birthday, and i was still really into GIJoe, my first love (before the X-men, before D&D, before the internet...)

Panthanas

Explorer
A 2nd Edition dual classed Fighter/Mage named Xannax. I thought it was spiffy because it was the same spelling backwards and forwards. Sometime later I saw that the name...minus one of the n's...was being used for some type of perscription drug. I'm not sure if thats a good or a bad thing...

Kichwas

Half-breed, still living despite WotC racism
My first ever character didn't have a name, it was a 400 hp level 1 fighter in module S1 run by a step cousin. I got all the way to the end and he just told me it was over and the character died without rolling anything. I thought that was a stupid game so didn't bother to consider D&D for another year...

So it's 1982 and I just got home with my new copy of the D&D boxed set.

My older brother by three years (making him 14) volunteers to run it for me and I make a character.

I'm sitting there trying to figure out what to name my elf, and my brother suggests a name he says is very elf like.

H e r p e s.

Sure whatever... guess that sounds like an elf. I write it down and go off to get killed in a rockslide on the way into B2...

It was a few years later before I got the joke he'd played on me...

SpringPlum

First Post
My first ever character was a 2e elven mage/theif named Kestrel. She was for a horribly generic dungeon crawling pre-fab game. But I suppose everybody's first game is horrible.

In an episode of drunken madness, she and my second character, Kestrel--a Kender, were merged in a terrible transportation-gone-awry. For 2 game sessions only, I actually played a half elf/kender. She (or I suppose "they") have been retired to the folder of things-best-forgotten. However, I do still have the character sheets.

Gothmog

First Post
My first character was a 1E mountain dwarf fighter/thief named Morri Greybeard. Somehow, I managed to get him to 14th/16th level without getting him killed once, although he went through losing several entire sets of gear and magic items. I still hhave his old orange, soda-soaked, grease stained character sheet! :D

Remove ads