What weapon represents humanity?

Morningstar. It does bludgeoning and piercing damage. It's a Simple weapon. Humanity is all about adaptability. Very few regional and/or ethnic groups don't have a basic analog.

rttlp

First Post
I would say longspear. I'll label my thoughts in terms of why other races may feel this way.

Dwarves: The weapon is unwieldy for their shorter stature. Plus, it's relatively thin and largely made of wood. To them, it wouldn't seem particularly sturdy or reliable.

Halflings: Unwieldy for shorter stature. Besides, why brace yourself for an oncoming charge instead of dodge and stab the charger in the back?

Gnome: Unwieldy for shorter stature. Martial, organization-driven weapon aren't typically their style.

Elf: Being traditionally somewhat wispy and thing, there'd be little interest in a weapon that requires a sturdy, braced stance. It's not that graceful, and it's not usable in conjunction with magic.

Orc/Half-Orc: With such powerful builds and typically aggressive natures, there would be little interest in such a defensive weapon with so little possibility for brutality.

Humans are typically the race that is viewed as organizing en masse. Armies are not unheard of in other races by any means, but humans, having few racial tricks up their sleeves, are typically the most prone to form large, organized groups for protection. The Roman Phalanx is an ideal representation of the humanity behind the longspear.

Remove ads