• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What were the 3 software developers ordered to cease and dissist?

Twin Rose

First Post
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Three companies?

smetzger said:

Wrong, you can use open content however you want to you just have to follow the copyright rules. If you include the actual license then you must abide by the license. For example, WOTC uses its SRD without following the license because they own the copyright. e-tools is not a d20 or OGL product just because it uses OGC material, WOTC has given FLUID the right to use their copyrighted material.

Read the license. I wouldn't release Open Content and expect people to use it without following the license -a nd would be perterbed if someone did.

WOTC gave them time not because they had to but because they chose to, and its probably alot easier to try and work with an amorphose not for profit product. [/B]

No, because some of the folks there were trying to help out and work with people. If you guys don't agree with their choice in giving them a chance, great, but personally I feel glad to know that they did go above and beyond what was required of them.

Cergorach

The Laughing One
Re: Re: Re: Re: minor update from mynex..pass the word along.

smetzger said:
Argh.... I am tired of you guys saying that you got everyones permission when you did not. You did not get permission from the netBook copyright holders. You may have gotten permission from the netBook of Feats publishing crew, however, they are not the copyright holders. You in effect are trying to say that you did number 2 when in fact you did number 1. I don't mind if you do number 1, just don't lie about it.

Cheesus Smetz! Your still going on about it "You lie dirty basterd, you lie!" is getting really old really fast. The Netbboks are perceived as legal enteties that can speak for the content they hold, when the PcGen folks asked if it was ok to use the Netbook material, the Netbook folks agreed. Pick your bone with the folks from the Netbook you worked on, they gave permissions that they (apperently) had no right to give...

ps. Anthony Valterra is a very nice money grubbing souless monster. ;-)

Arknight

First Post
Thanks to Anthony Valterra & WoTC

I just want to say that my impression of WOTC has raised several notches because of Mr. Valterra and his willingness to work with the PCGen folks to straighten out issues when he and the powers that be could have just said no and it it be at that. He has taken that extra step that shows that they do care about the fans and the fan opinion.

Remove ads