D&D 4E What will happen to ENWorld when 4E is released?

drothgery

First Post
Depends. If 4e is generally percieved by ENWorlders to be a high-quality system and worthy successor to 3.xe, then over a few years, most of the D&D mechanics talk will be about 4e, with pockets of 3.x talk that are somewhat larger than the pockets of OD&D/1e/2e talk here, no matter what the licensing is (me, I'm expecting something generally a bit more restrictive than the OGL & d20 STL, designed to allow third-party expansions, settings, and adventurers, but prevent 4e-derived standalone games).

If for one reason or another most of don't like 4e, then ENWorld will end up the hangout for 3.x/d20 grognards.

dinsdale

Stalked by a giant hedgehog
"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened."

Johnnie Freedom!

First Post
lukelightning said:
People will start speculating on 5e, of course!

No, silly, they'll start speculating on the quick release of 4.5!

(Seriously, when 4.0 comes out, why will *anyone* waste their coin? Surely they'll know that 4.5 is only 2-3 years away at most).

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Tiberius said:
Hmmm... anyone know what the proper tuning fork material for our Prime Material Plane is?

No, but I do know that you can reach Sigil from our world by reading a certain Monte Cook 2nd edition work, at a certain time, inside a certain baseball stadium, while whistling a certain song by Louis Armstrong. I'll keep the book, time, stadium, and tune to myself. Not because I am concerned over the possible discoveries dealing with the mysteries of the multiverse, but merely because I am adverse to large crowds hovering near my favorite portals.

Remove ads