What will you do with the Economy Boost money?

paradox42

First Post
Pay off one credit card and possibly the other as well depending on precisely how my finances stack up this month (I'm in "wait and see" mode because the power bill is unknown in advance and I'm shopping for new car insurance which may lower that bill). This will, eventually, pay for this year's Gen Con in the grand scheme of things.

And yeah, I care what all those super-rich politicians in Washington want. :p Really. No, I mean it. I'm not convincing you? ...yeah, not convincing me either.

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
You do realise how crazy the idea of the Government just giving everyone $600 to stimulate the economy sounds to someone not from the US, don't you? :)

I can see that most people are going to use it to reduce debt, which isn't going to do much in the short term. Still, as pointed out, in the long term those smaller interest payment will help out with everyone's monthly budget and help things in a smaller way.

Still, I can't quite imagine this happening in the UK...

Cabled

First Post
Like most (it looks like), I'll pay off the new heat pump/furnace we had installed last fall...won't be much left after that. We've also got 3 kids, and the extra money coming because they exist will be going into thier college funds.

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
Tallarn said:
You do realise how crazy the idea of the Government just giving everyone $600 to stimulate the economy sounds to someone not from the US, don't you? :)

I can see that most people are going to use it to reduce debt, which isn't going to do much in the short term. Still, as pointed out, in the long term those smaller interest payment will help out with everyone's monthly budget and help things in a smaller way.

Still, I can't quite imagine this happening in the UK...
Trust me, it doesn't sound any different to some of us in the US as well. But, since they are going to do whether I think it is a worthwhile idea or not, might as well take full advantage of it.

Kurashu

First Post
Not receieve it because I didn't make $4000 last year.

Bunch of panda jerks, hording my check.

How will I drink 300 cups of coffee now?

Remove ads