• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What would be an appropriate quest for atonement?

LondonReign

First Post
Like to get the boards creative ideas on this:

My PCs just came across a roadside building as they journeyed from village A to city B. Failing to figure out that this was a roadside shine to the god of travelers, routes, and paths, the party rogue lifted a pair of golden sandals that had been placed there as a prior offering. Since she is riding in the back of a wagon, she hasn't yet found out that as a result she has been cursed with half movement. This will be made obvious to her in the battle that is about to commence.

Arriving in city B, the party will have a chance to find the priest that tends to the shrine and attempt to make amends and get the curse lifted. My question is, in addition to returning the sandals, what should the rogue and her party be required to do to life the curse? Love to hear some creative suggestions.

A couple of parameters:

-- The party is 5th and 6th level
-- I'd like the quest to be related to travelers, paths, or routes somehow
-- I don't want this side quest to take the party too far off their current main quest

kenobi65

First Post
Three words: Adopt-A-Highway. Make 'em clean a 5-mile stretch of road. ;)

But, seriously...maybe the party should have to guard a caravan of pilgrims heading to a holy site for said god. The holy site isn't *entirely* out of the party's way, but it'll slow 'em down a bit, and could give you some fun interactions between the party and the pilgrims.

arwink

Clockwork Golem
Blaze a new trail: find a new route to wherever they were going, which means they have to map the area, find safe paths through hills, clear out any ominously large threats along the way.

Reclaim an old path: See above, except the road is already in existence by is currently overgrown.

Make a journey that no-one else has attempted. If the character can reach 5 places where no man or woman of their race has been for X number of years, and returns to tell the tale, the curse is lifted.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads