D&D 5E What would you like to see in a Domains of Delight Setting?

The way I see it, it's less Domains of Delight = Good vs Domains of Dread = Evil as Domains of Delight = Pleasure vs Domains of Dread = Suffering. One is the danger of temptation and vice/excess and other other is the danger of torture and lashing out.

Despite being in the Feywild, not all Domains of Delight should be fey heavy, although many should.

Domains based on various fairy tales could be interesting, like a Snow White Domain, or an Beast and the Beauty Domain. Others should be fresher.

I think one of the Domains is based on South Asian lore.

I suggest, at least for April's Fool, some domains based in some old Hasbro's franchise for children, for example My Little Pony, a domain of antropomorphic ponies.

Other domain where the lord faes are like the wicked creatures from "Changeling: the Lost".

"The land within the wind", a post-apocalipse jungle recovering after the damage caused by the defilers from Athas(Dark Sun).

A domain of giant vernims being explored by halflings and gnomes. Some vernims can be tamed or trained, but there are also secret hive of werevermins.

Based in no-Western Cultures, but also other inspired in the popular folclore from South and East Europe.

Spiritual succesor of Mystara's Hollow World: dinosaurs and ancient cultures.

One where magictech allows crafting fake firearms with no-lethal damage/effects. Possible "guest artists" from Gamma World. Wellcome to the nerf league!

"The Last Home", a "theme park" based in Ansalon/Krynn. Maybe Flint and Tas (petitioners) are the bright lords, or Huma, the first dragon-knight and founder of a half-dragon dinasty.

Kre-o, a land of warforged living toys rebuilding a "postapocalypse" zone.

Last edited:

I suggest, at least for April's Fool, some domains based in some old Hasbro's franchise for children, for example My Little Pony, a domain of antropomorphic ponies.

Other domain where the lord faes are like the wicked creatures from "Changeling: the Lost".

"The land within the wind", a post-apocalipse jungle recovering after the damage caused by the defilers from Athas(Dark Sun).

A domain of giant vernims being explored by halflings and gnomes. Some vernims can be tamed or trained, but there are also secret helms of werevermins.

Based in no-Western Cultures, but also other inspired in the popular folclore from South and East Europe.

Spiritual succesor of Mystara's Hollow World: dinosaurs and ancient cultures.

One where magictech allows crafting fake firearms with no-lethal damage/effects. Possible "guest artists" from Gamma World. Wellcome to the nerf league!

"The Last Home", a "theme park" based in Ansalon/Krynn. Maybe Flint and Tas (petitioners) are the bright lords, or Huma, the first dragon-knight and founder of a half-dragon dinasty.

Changeling: The Lost was my first thought as well, but I image they want some distance from that.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
I very much like the idea of Domains of Delight being centered around pleasure instead of the Dread Domains suffering. It's a lot like Alice in Wonderland, Wizard of Oz, or Willy Wonka, where people get lost in their own vices but aren't necessarily "suffering" for them. Still can be very dangerous!

The Domains of the Delight are perfect as a family-friendly franchise, to be adapted into a cartoon serie in Netflix or Paramount+.

Ravenloft and Innistrad can "borrow" some ideas from White Wolf's franchises, but without being a vulgar rip-off. Their mythology is very rich but they haven't to be the unique source. There are some young-adult paranomal romance books with faes. If they hire the right writters they can be sold very well among no-D&D fandom. You have to mix intrigues in the palace like "Game of Thrones" a magical power like the action-live show "Upon Once Time".

Witchlight (if the name of this new setting isn't other) should be opened in DM Guild.

Weiley31

Legend
Talking Sundaes. Talking Sundaes that hop around, make jokes, laugh alot.

Eating any adventurers they encounter/meet along the way.

Talking Sundaes. Talking Sundaes that hop around, make jokes, laugh alot.

Eating any adventurers they encounter/meet along the way.

In the past that could bee cool, but today it sounds like a skin for Fornite, Roblox, or that expasion of Katty Perry for the sims 3.

1623262302501.png

The parody module Castle Greyhawk could be an interesting demiplane that sometimes appear in the material plane.

WG7CastleGreyhawkCover.jpg

Remove ads