• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What would you put in an AD&D Soundtrack?

Azranod

First Post
If WoTC put you in charge of selecting songs for a soundtrack for AD&D, what would you put in it? A song each for: fighters, mages, rouges, clerics, elves, humans, dwarves, gnomes, and halflings. Maybe others if you like.

Haltherrion

First Post
Not sure about a WOTC soundtrack due to copyright problems :). But as a private user mixing my own tracks I'd do selections of battle and non-battle theme music rather than try for some sort of class-theming. I'd use music from:

The LOTR soundtracks
Gladiator
13th Warrior
and the like

Might also try things like Firefly and Serenity soundtracks, even Star Wars. Any good adventure show usually has a good soundtrack.

We have someone who brings these and similar soundtracks to the game and manually keys to the appropriate section. It actually adds quite a lot to the night.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Insert Campign Theme Song Here by Band of Your Choice
Dance of Curse by Kanno Youko
In the Hall of the Mountain King by Edvard Grieg (Peer Gynt suite)
Die Walkure: Ride of the Valyries by Richard Wagner
Mars: The Bringer of War by Gustav Holst
Jupiter: The Bringer of Jollity by Gustav Holst

Also, most of Suspiria's Dancefloor Tragedy album from Cleopatra Records would work well for a Ravenloft campaign, particularly if you preface it with Alien Sex Fiend's Dead & Buried. It would be a wee bit more 'dance' than some might like, though.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I don't have many suggestions, though I think putting all of Michikawa's work on a CD would be a great place to start. Music from Final Fantasy games goes without saying, I think.

I also think Rhapsody's "When Demons Awake" is perhaps the perfect song for when the party meets the "final boss" of the dungeon...if not the entire campaign.

Aeric

Explorer
I did a soundtrack for the first campaign I ever ran, a little over 10 years ago. It was set up like a TV show, with each session being an episode. We had an opening theme which I played before each session, as a time for players to get into character. To this day, whenever my best friend hears the song we used as the opening theme, he thinks of the campaign. We also had an ending theme, although it didn't get used much.

Napftor

Explorer
If it's going to be a soundtrack for "AD&D" then I would only use music from before 3rd edition's release in 2000. I would definitely put on some hard to find gems such as tracks from The Sword & the Sorcerer, King Solomon's Mines, and Rambo II and III.

francisca

I got dice older than you.
A heavy dose of old Rush:
By-Tor and the Snowdog
The Necromancer
Xanadu
CYgnus X-1
A Farwell to Kings
Hemispheres

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads