Spelljammer What Would Your Ideal Spelljammer Book Be Like?

I love mixing chocolate and peanut butter, but I still store my peanut butter and Nutella using different jars in my pantry.
Honestly, that might be the best way. Give the classic Spelljammer system as the default, and just have a sidebar saying "Hey, if you optionally want to allow the ships to go to the Astral, or even further afield in the planes, go ahead!" That way, everyone gets what they want at their own table.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Honestly, that might be the best way. Give the classic Spelljammer system as the default, and just have a sidebar saying "Hey, if you optionally want to allow the ships to go to the Astral, or even further afield in the planes, go ahead!" That way, everyone gets what they want at their own table.
To be clear, I want Sigil, portals and all that jazz to exist in the same universe as Spelljammer: same way that Strahd is in his Domain of Dread in the same universe as Spelljammer. I just think Spelljammer is a Setting worthy of it's own time in the spotlight.

To be clear, I want Sigil, portals and all that jazz to exist in the same universe as Spelljammer: same way that Strahd is in his Domain of Dread in the same universe as Spelljammer. I just think Spelljammer is a Setting worthy of it's own time in the spotlight.
Oh, same here! I want both Spelljammer and Planescape getting their own attention. I wouldn't be surprised that, if the March book is a Spelljammer adventure/setting hybrid, we'll see a full Planescape book/"non-traditional release format" soon afterwards, maybe even as the May release.

teitan

Legend
An adventure with an attached rules supplement describing how spelljamming works and a selection of spelljamming ships. The adventure could include the Rock and the Spelljammer to complete the only essential elements of the setting. Because it is all inclusive it doesn't really need a full campaign setting. Only extra thing needed might be a system for creating worlds to visit.

For me the big draw of Spelljammer is the ships - ideally I'd want rules that could be adapted to other kinds of magic ships like airships or sailing the Astral Sea, but if the rules for Spelljamming are complete that's pretty much inevitable.

Steampunkette

Rules Tinkerer and Freelance Writer
Supporter
Imagine David Bowie writing the soundtrack to Treasure Planet and also Titan A.E.

And also having a role as a significant secondary character that is in both films.

That is what the Spelljammer book should be like.

Remove ads