Whatagogy

Heathen72

Explorer
I think many of here would readily admit that we enjoy discussing the very nature of gaming - what makes a good GM, what makes a good game, what is the best balance between gamist / narrative etc etc etc ad infinitum, ad nauseum and so on.

My question, though, is if the science of teaching - what makes a good teacher, how do you best connect with a student, is kinaesthetic learning better than aural - is called pedagogy, what do we call the science of gaming?

If nothing else, if we come up with a decent term, we could add it to the list of prefixs that we affix to the title of our threads.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
...is kinaesthetic learning better than aural...
That depends entirely on the person.

Visual, aural, verbal, physical, logical, and social or solitary learning styles all have their advantages depending on how you personally learn best.

There is no one single combination of the above which works for everyone equally well.

Heathen72

Explorer
That depends entirely on the person.

Visual, aural, verbal, physical, logical, and social or solitary learning styles all have their advantages depending on how you personally learn best.

There is no one single combination of the above which works for everyone equally well.

But, of course. But it was mere example of a pedagogical line of inquiry and not my ultimate question :p

Ludology. What a great word! Any thoughts on a word for games of the roleplaying variety alone? Perhaps we should make one up...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases