What'd everyone get?

I got Betrayal at House on the Hill. I've played it with friends but it is something that's been missing from my shelf. Playing it with my family on Christmas day was thematically offputting. "Hey mom, can you pass me a Christmas cookie while I attempt to stab dad with a sacrificial dagger?"

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
My sister-in-law and her husband dug deep on my Amazon wishlist and got the 2 oldest things on it - both on it for nearly 20 years.
Hardcore Devo, vol 2 (on CD)
Rashomon (on DVD)

The first time the retailer tried to fulfill the Rashomon order, they sent a copy of Wes Anderson’s Rushmore. So now I’ve got that too!

the Jester

Legend
The only gaming-related stuff I got this year is a set of dice and Dungeonmeister: A Drink Master's Guide, which is a D&D themed cocktail book including drink like "Three Halflings in a Trenchcoat" and the "Mai Tyrant".

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Most unusual gift came from my wife. Star Wars artisanal soap.

Attachments

• IMG_20211225_112333669.jpg
    IMG_20211225_112333669.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 49

Richards

Legend
I only got one D&D related item this year: a set of 96 acrylic condition modifier rings for minis, so you can tell at a glance who's blinded, or invisible, or paralyzed or whatnot. I'll have my first opportunity to use them in a week on our New Year's Day session.

Johnathan

Retreater

Legend
Got a carved bourbon glass with my name and title as a GM with a d20, a limited bottle of bourbon, a D&D art calendar. Seasonings and cooking stuff. Couple of vinyl records. Felt like one of my more "adult" Christmases. Pretty nice.

Remove ads