• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Whatever happened to Sword & Sorcery Cinema?

Tewligan

First Post
Kahuna Burger said:
I have just discovered that the hubby owns a DVD of The Film Which Must Not Be Named... :uhoh:

In his defense he would like it noted that it is the directors cut, which he was told made more sense. He did not, however, find this to be true.

(he also owns Blues Brothers 2000, but bought it by mistake based on its cover apearance to the original and has never opened it.)
Legally, you can push your husband down a flight of stairs for owning both of those movies.

Tewligan

First Post
krunchyfrogg said:
Can somebody PM or send me an e-mail as to what "the movie that must not be named" is?
I'm so bold, I'll just tell you here. It's Highlander 2. I'd rather be raped by a puma than see that movie again.

Particle_Man

Explorer
Kahuna Burger(he also owns Blues Brothers 2000 said:
As long as you don't think of BB2000 as a movie with, y'know, a plot, but just a collection of songs, then I don't find it so bad. Like those really lame stage musicals whose paper-thin plot is just there to set up the next cool song.

Dark Jezter

First Post
Particle_Man said:
As long as you don't think of BB2000 as a movie with, y'know, a plot, but just a collection of songs, then I don't find it so bad. Like those really lame stage musicals whose paper-thin plot is just there to set up the next cool song.
I did like the Blues Brothers' rendition of Johnny Cash's Ghost Riders in the Sky. :)

Frostmarrow

First Post
Maybe CGI is still too expensive for smaller outfits? When it becomes cheaper the S&S will return, I wager. Right now I think it would be embarrassing to make a film with low budget special FX. Now with the Lord of the Rings, Narnia, and King Kong people having more time on their hands maybe CGI will become affordable? (I'm just guessing).

Shouldn't be; they use CGI on a lot of small(ish) budget T.V. shows with a sci-fi or fantasy theme.

Of course, it doesn't look as good as a big budget movie would, but it's certainly doable.

Remove ads