What's exciting you now?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Gen Con has been and gone. We've had chance to look at some wonderful new games. It really is a great year.

So what's grabbed you? What are you excited about? D&D Next? 13th Age? Numenera? Shadowrun 5E? Edge of the Empire? Firefly?

The ENnies next year will be epic. I don't think we've ever seen a collection of new games like this all at the same time!

Bynw

The Oyarsa of IRC
I'm going with Shadowrun 5E, since I've played all previous editions of it. And also thinking about Numenera.

weem

First Post
13th Age. Dungeon World currently has all of my attention (I'm really enjoying it), but I've already decided 13th Age will be my next stop - the next game to checkout in detail.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I find it hard to get excited about games I'm unlikely to play. I'm the main GM for my group, and they're pretty solidly attached to the current campaign. So, unless someone else starts something and invites me, those games are all theoretical.

I am, however, excited about adding a new player to my group - one had to drop out because he started to work evenings, and another is stepping in. This allows me to stir up the plot pot, and see what happens, and that is exciting :)

crazy_cat

Adventurer
Various Kickstarters due to be delivering in the coming months, including - Horror on the Orient Express, Cthulhu 7th Ed, Achtung Cthulhu, Space 1889, and the Dwarven Forge Dwarvenite scenery.

I played 45 hours (not a misprint) of Horror on the Orient Express at Gen Con this year, so although excited to be getting it, I have seen quite a bit of it. Excellent GMing from the team that ran it for us; good fun product. I almost cannot believe that I am still excited to get the material after playing it for 4 days!

I was at the Numenera launch and have a beautiful leather copy of the book beside me now. I will certainly be starting a campaign for this. It is very exciting to see a non-generic-fantasy world. This probably tops the excitement list for me.

13th Age I have group ready to run and have converted early D&D module I1 to run for a group of players. I'll post conversion info when I have run the whole thing and debugged it a bit. Also high on the excitement level.

Also in the pipeline is a short FATE CORE campaign with a different set of players. Set 20 years after the zombie apocalypse, should be some high-octane fun.

And I'm about to put a capstone on my Doctor Who: Adventures in Time and Space game, running now for a couple of years, sporadically. The Doctor has now degenerated back to his first incarnation (Billy Hartnell) and will be dead in 10 minutes. That's about enough time for two more TARDIS trips; one to the alternate earth where the Goblins have drugged the human race into channeling mental energy for their use, and then the finale, where they head to the Goblin homeworld and prevent them from destroying the ability to travel in time (along with everyone who has ever done so or WILL ever do so), and so leave the goblins as the always and forever rulers of the universe. That has me pretty psyched, too.

edemaitre

Explorer
FATE Core, Gumshoe, and more Pathfinder. I've seen a bunch of cool steampunk systems lately, and my groups are also itching to return to a superhero game at some point, probably Icons. We've also been using Savage Worlds for a variety of settings.

13th Age, Numenera, and D&D5e/Next look nice, but they're lower priorities for me right now, partly because I've been running a fantasy retro-clone. I would like to check out Shadowrun 5e.

Dice4Hire

First Post
Well, October is gonna be a big kickstarter rewards month for me (or November, maybe). I will be getting a bunch of minis (including the KRAKEN) from one kickstarter and a lot of tiles from Dwarven Forge.

The minis will be nice for my next campaign and I'm really curious to see how 3D terrain works out in play since I have never owned any.

Remove ads