What's Happened To Warhammer 40K Wrath and Glory?

On their official website forums, it is indicated there are some licensing issues. I wouldn't be shocked if it's the end of the product line, as apparently there were quality issues and not a lot of product to support it.

On their official website forums, it is indicated there are some licensing issues. I wouldn't be shocked if it's the end of the product line, as apparently there were quality issues and not a lot of product to support it.

Cergorach

The Laughing One
With FFG we had to find out that many items from the GW license were no longer made and generally unavailable, then there was the announcement that at date X the license would be terminated. And while it wasn't that quickly after launch, certain games did have a very limited live under FFG. So it's not all roses and sunshine with FFG...

I think that Dark Heresy (and it's ilk) did exactly what it was supposed to do, portray a grim dark RPG where there was extremely little reason why all the services would readily intermix. Unlike the most recent Wrath and Glory, where it seems more like an action hour cartoon... It reminds me a lot of the newer children's 40k products. Not what we're used to, but it is GW trying to create a greater appeal with a younger audience and worry certain types of parents less.

aramis erak

Legend
Try to sell D&D 4th edition nowadays and let's see how well it'll perform.
Rebrand it, and it should do reasonably well. I'm really surprised it hasn't been retrocloned yet... It gets a significant amount of play on Roll20: 8.8% of Roll20 players played it in Q1 2018; right on par with Shadowrun 5 and Starfinder.

D&D 4E is a good game... it's just not a game that has the feel associated with the D&D trademark.

As for Wrath and Glory
A skim of the Wrath & Glory PDF left me with no confidence. It went on the "won't purchase for myself" list. (If anyone wants to buy me a copy.... sure, I'll take a copy and read it in detail.)

It made me think "late 90's". D6 dicepool, count successes with 2 types, plus a 1/6 chance of complication and 1/6 of crit... I get the feeling the designers prefer much more swinginess than I do. Fail forward... good advice, but past a certain point, it's going to make failure lose its sting...

And I'm far from the only one feels it looks lackluster both visually and mechanically.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads