• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Whats in the 4e gift pack?

Rhiarion

Explorer
Firstly thanks to Emiliano for the scoop.

I clicked on the link and got out my credit card, and noticed most people, (by the pecentages at Amazon) bought the books individualy for less than the pack, its only about $70 before postage compared to $100, but I want to know what else is in there.

If anyone knows I would appreciate it, and if Amazon had it on the page it would help.

Thanks in advance.

bonethug0108

First Post
My guess is nothing else. The books by themselves have a certain percentage taken off. The gift set I don't believe has had anything taken off yet.

If you look at the regular price of the individual books, which is $35 a piece, you get a total of $105 for all three, the price of the gift set.

But I could be wrong and they may have a little something something thrown in.

Edit:
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=products/dndacc/222127600

Actually, the offical writeup about it says it is just the books(in a slipcase, of course).

Last edited:

Incenjucar

Legend
It's really silly that they don't have the usual discount up for it.

You could get a leather slip case handcrafted at a ren faire for that much price difference.

Agamon

Adventurer
Yeah, it's supposed to come in a slipcase, but that's it.

Funny thing is, I'll be getting the gift set for myself, and individual PHBs as gifts for my players.

Incenjucar

Legend
The only way I could see getting the gift set right now is if I just happened to have one of Borders' rare 40% off coupons.

But that's very unlikely to happen at the exact proper time.

Rpgraccoon

First Post
The best thing to do is get a cardboard box from someone. Those are easy to find and most people know someone that can get them for free for you. :cool:

Mercurius

Legend
Incenjucar said:
The only way I could see getting the gift set right now is if I just happened to have one of Borders' rare 40% off coupons.

But that's very unlikely to happen at the exact proper time.

They aren't so rare--I get one every few weeks or so. But if you want the books right away I'd just order them from Amazon.

But aren't the releases staggered, anyways?

AZRogue

First Post
I imagine that Amazon will factor in the discount soon. I don't see why they wouldn't once they realize what the product actually is. I predict that the price comes down to match in the next few weeks.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads