• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

what's that feat?

samb1230

First Post
whats that feat called that letsme qualify for warrior feats like weapon specialization and greater weapon focus.

I was hoping to get it for my psi warrior since his BAB in subpar and i have bonus feats to spare.

Starbuck_II

First Post
whats that feat called that letsme qualify for warrior feats like weapon specialization and greater weapon focus.

I was hoping to get it for my psi warrior since his BAB in subpar and i have bonus feats to spare.
There are clas features that do it, but I know of no feats.
Warblade for one counts his class level -2 as Fighter for choosing Fighter feats.

samb1230

First Post
I distictly remember one, but that's ok since I'll just use deep impact instead. Tome of battle has a very interesting feat called instant clarity that gives psionic focus as a swift action after you hit them with a manuver.
So one dip into warblade will get me sapphire nightmare (makes people flat footed with a successful concentration check) and I reduce his AC to 10!

Only thing is manuvers are once an encounter.... Still having being to use deep impact in consective rounds is really really good. Combine this with power attack and feats like leap attack and combat brute and I think I should be ok. I can use power attack in special attacks right?

moritheil

First Post
I distictly remember one, but that's ok since I'll just use deep impact instead. Tome of battle has a very interesting feat called instant clarity that gives psionic focus as a swift action after you hit them with a manuver.
So one dip into warblade will get me sapphire nightmare (makes people flat footed with a successful concentration check) and I reduce his AC to 10!

Only thing is manuvers are once an encounter.... Still having being to use deep impact in consective rounds is really really good. Combine this with power attack and feats like leap attack and combat brute and I think I should be ok. I can use power attack in special attacks right?

Yes, unless it says otherwise.

Deep Impact + something that denies dex is very powerful because it allows you to full power attack all the time, but most caster/fighter types have similar tricks. Mage/fighters have wraithstrike, and Wiz/Warblades can do the same thing; you really are just catching up to them.

If you're dipping warblade, and not just getting the feat, you should have a recovery mechanism to get back the maneuver with an action. You can certainly use it more than once per fight.

samb1230

First Post
Yes, unless it says otherwise.

Deep Impact + something that denies dex is very powerful because it allows you to full power attack all the time, but most caster/fighter types have similar tricks. Mage/fighters have wraithstrike, and Wiz/Warblades can do the same thing; you really are just catching up to them.

If you're dipping warblade, and not just getting the feat, you should have a recovery mechanism to get back the maneuver with an action. You can certainly use it more than once per fight.

Thing is that instant clarity can only be used 3 times a day. So I have 3 martial stikes at level 1 warblade and that's really all i need. After that I will need to use psionic meditation and hustle to do that same thing. Psionic renewal will get me my manuvers back but i need to spend my focus to get it, which is counter productive.

Honestly I am trying to catch up with the straight barbarian in the group who does ungodly damage. I made my character to sunder things while using expansion. The BAB sucks so I really needed something to overcome that.

I basically have my sunder build down by lvl 2 (power attack, improved sunder, focused sunder, expansion and adamantine great sword) all I need is level 7 for expansion to huge and lvl 9 for combat brute (cleaving sunder). I just had some feats to spare so i decided to go for insane damage using charge (more specifically psionic lion charge) like leap attack, other aspects of combat brute make great use of charges and bull rushes so i figured why not do so damage while I wait on the +6 to qualify for combat brute? Not having to worry about hitting frees my PC to deal x5 power attack damage with leap attack and combat brute.

I need to thank everyone for pointing my to tome of battle since i learned of instant clarity.

Last edited:

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Were you thinking of multiclass feats from Complete Scoundrel? There are some Fighter/x ones in there that counter the other class as Fighter for meeting Fighter level requirements. I think Swashbuckler/Fighter and Fighter/Rogue, but could be wrong.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Honestly I am trying to catch up with the straight barbarian in the group who does ungodly damage.

Oddly enough, I ran a Dex-based Githzerai Monk/PsiWar (Expansion was his 1st power) with a Polearm and the Combat Reflexes feat tree + Feat that lets monks use a polearm as a monk weapon (one exists in DCv1 and another in PHB2, an Eberron book or some such) who was able to do just that.

Back on point, though- one PrCl that should help you out is Shiba Protector from Oriental Adventures- 1 level in that lets you add your Wis bonus to Att & Dmg (that is in addition to other Str or Dex bonuses). Since that is your manifesting stat, your bonus should be substantial.

samb1230

First Post
Shiba protector interesting but it needs to be human race to qualify for it and I am half giant, which technically has no human blood in it at all. If I recall correctly they are mutated giants from the dark sun world

PS can i ready the same maneuver three times? Sapphire nightmare is all I really need.

Last edited:

Remove ads