What's the best bad RPG book?

Thank you for the shout-out. Forest Oracle was the subject of my third review. I keep meaning to do some kind of show about making the module good, as it has potential.

[video=youtube;d2TDFMS8et8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2TDFMS8et8[/video]

Ahnehnois

First Post
Another nominee I see being brought up in the other thread: the 3.0 Epic Level Handbook.

Sure, the basic mechanical approach is profoundly flawed (your characters stay the same! except with all their numbers slowly advancing). Sure, there are poorly designed mechanics and filler abound. Sure, the good parts of the book were underdeveloped.

But it does have this:
44165_C5_atropal.jpg

Possibly the best and creepiest piece of D&D art ever. Also, the monster section in general is quite evocative.

Attachments

• 44165_C5_atropal.jpg
    44165_C5_atropal.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 67

Another nominee I see being brought up in the other thread: the 3.0 Epic Level Handbook.

Sure, the basic mechanical approach is profoundly flawed (your characters stay the same! except with all their numbers slowly advancing). Sure, there are poorly designed mechanics and filler abound. Sure, the good parts of the book were underdeveloped.

But it does have this:
44165_C5_atropal.jpg

Possibly the best and creepiest piece of D&D art ever. Also, the monster section in general is quite evocative.

Sorry, this comes close to the creepiest piece piece of D&D art ever, but I still think the Century Worm has it covered! :D

random.brown

First Post

But it does have this:
44165_C5_atropal.jpg

What has been seen...

Remove ads