• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's the best solo build?

The Levitator

First Post
Thanatos said:
See if your DM will let you make a Gestalt character. Essentially you get 2 classes and get to level them up at the same time and get the best benefits of both. It gives you a bit more power and capability.

That's a great idea. After the barbarian camapaign, that player's next solo campaign was with a ranger/druid gestalt. I know it's not an optimized build (I've already been told that on other forums), but our group is much more about cool storylines, not optimal statistics. Since then, all of my players choose gestalt for solos. It definitely makes their characters more self-sufficient and more interesting. It gives the DM more options for hooks, twists, encounters, etc. A win-win for everyone!!

Thanatos

Banned
Banned
The Levitator said:
That's a great idea. After the barbarian camapaign, that player's next solo campaign was with a ranger/druid gestalt. I know it's not an optimized build (I've already been told that on other forums), but our group is much more about cool storylines, not optimal statistics. Since then, all of my players choose gestalt for solos. It definitely makes their characters more self-sufficient and more interesting. It gives the DM more options for hooks, twists, encounters, etc. A win-win for everyone!!

Well, your gestalt build doesn't have to be optimized, which is really part of what makes it so much fun. The built in contrast with no deficiencies...you still get the strongest points of the classes, in some cases that could be good...especially where hit points and saves are concerned.

But yes, we agree, its win-win for everyone :) -- I've made a somewhat optimized gestalt and it was pretty cool, but I hope for my next foray into it, I get the opportunity to make a melee/caster...just for the flavor...that really does remind me of the old 1e days.

Remove ads