• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's the best way to post a table?

Liquidsabre

Explorer
I'm not sure if it's possible, but I was looking to post a D&D3.5 alternate class in the House Rules forum. I have html tables but I'm not sure how to post these successfuly. Perhaps there is a better alternative?

On top of this, I should also ask if the tables resemble a Core class closely is it not advisable to post it? Thanks for any help!

Creamsteak

Explorer
If your just 1-time posting it, try the code tag. You might like it, you might not. It's just {Code} Text {/Code} with ][ brackets.

Code:
It looks like this. The table can be
formatted so that it takes up a
certain amount of horizontal and
vertical space. Once you grow 
large in one direction, the code will
grow a scrollbar.

Michael Morris

First Post
Liquidsabre said:
I'm not sure if it's possible, but I was looking to post a D&D3.5 alternate class in the House Rules forum. I have html tables but I'm not sure how to post these successfuly. Perhaps there is a better alternative?

On top of this, I should also ask if the tables resemble a Core class closely is it not advisable to post it? Thanks for any help!

The best way is to use notepad or a similiar program with nonproportional fonts and format the table out with tabs and spaces. Then cut and past it into your post using a code tag.

HTML is turned off on all the forums because it presents a security risk to the site and its users.

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
Piratecat said:
Use a lot of stamps, and make sure you ask your post office about packaging options.

As it turns out, the post office will deliver just about anything so long as it has sufficient postage affixed... I know they've delivered pumpkins with postage applied directly to the pumpkin.

Last edited:

Staffan

Legend
This is a test to see if the new code tag works like the old one:
Code:
1    test
123    test

Hmm. Apparently it doesn't. Good!

For those who didn't know, the old code tag was designed to groups of four spaces were converted into tabs. That was pretty darn annoying when I was posting class tables, and had to use more than four spaces to separate columns (such as for BAB or class features).

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Kid Charlemagne said:
As it turns out, the post office will deliver just about anything so long as it has sufficient postage affixed... I know they've delivered pumpkins with postage applied directly to the pumpkin.

.... okay, I give up.

Delivered them where?

Or was the address written directly onto the pumpkin as well?

-Hyp.

Gez

First Post
Hypersmurf said:
.... okay, I give up.

Delivered them where?

Or was the address written directly onto the pumpkin as well?

Yep. I know you can do that in France at least. Sometime, magazine organise mail-art contests. As long as the thing you post is stamped enough for its weight, has the sender and receiver adresses clearly indicated, and isn't dangerous, leaking, etc. you can send it.

You may sent raw vegetables, but not runny cheeses, for example. Bricks, tennis balls, whatever.

Silver Moon

Adventurer
Piratecat said:
Use a lot of stamps, and make sure you ask your post office about packaging options.
I'd only suggest this if it was a table that the legs could be unfastened from the top. If it was all together you'd probably be better off just renting a truck and driving it yourself. :D

Remove ads