What's the WORST Star Wars movie?

What's the WORST Star Wars movie? (vote for up to 3)

• Ep I: The Phantom Menace

Votes: 52 33.1%
  • Ep 2: Attack of the Clones

Votes: 50 31.8%
  • Ep 3: Revenge of the Sith

Votes: 14 8.9%
  • Ep 4: A New Hope

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Ep 5: The Empire Strikes Back

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Ep 6: Return of the Jedi

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Ep 7: The Force Awakens

Votes: 19 12.1%
  • Ep 8: The Last Jedi

Votes: 56 35.7%
  • Ep 9: The Rise of Skywalker

Votes: 95 60.5%
  • Rogue One

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Solo

Votes: 16 10.2%

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Didn't see IX or Solo. Voted I.

VI makes me saddest. After IV and V was a disappointment - and it's had longer to let me stew about it.

Jack Daniel

dice-universe.blogspot.com
Oh, that's easy — it's The Force Awakens, because The Force Awakens was trying so very hard to be A New Hope without actually being A New Hope. It was also the bellwether for the direction of the third trilogy, which means that all responsibility for everything wrong with The Last Jedi and Rise of Skywalker rests squarely on the shoulders of The Force Awakens.

niklinna

satisfied?
Given that Phantom Menace definitively and permanently put me off the franchise, it's the clear winner by 12 parsecs. But to be honest I haven't enjoyed any of the films since the original (which I saw in theaters at the age of 10*). I almost voted for Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi too, but they weren't actively awful, just, seemingly more for kids under my age when they came out. (Although the friend who dragged me to see Return of the Jedi SEVEN TIMES was three years old than me, so maybe not? Maybe having to see it seven times was what killed it for me. He also dragged me to see Aliens seven times, however, and it was gripping every single time. (As for why so many repeat viewings of single films: I grew up in a rural area with few theaters...in fact the "local" theater was an hour's drive away through the woods. (Once I moved to San Francisco, I only saw one more film seven times in theaters. Much more choice in the city!)))

* I also had the Kenner action figures (the ones where you didn't actually get the action figures, but coupons for the action figures when they eventually came out!), and the radio-controlled R2-D2, and those silly inflatable lightsaber toys that deflated within minutes, and probably one or two other bits of licensed merch.

Riley

Legend
Pick your poison.
  • Voted Menace. I fell asleep during the final battle(s), and I’ve never made it through in a single sitting.
  • Rise however gave me a horrible throbbing headache and it JUST WOULDN’T STOP. May I never see it again.

(I like Solo and Rogue One, BTW.)

My vote is on 2 and 8, since both killed my interest in even seeing the last part of the respective trilogy. What I heard about 9 and Solo also wasn't great, but no vote since I didn't see them personally.

aco175

Legend
Tough. I mean 1-3 had Jar Jar, but at least I could see they were for kids. 7-9 while visually ok, were nothing original. 4 had a Death Star, but 7 has a death planet. Everything was just a flat copy but trying to be bigger and better.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I voted for The Rise of Skywalker, because it isn't a movie, it's an apology and retraction in narrative form. And since I liked most of the things they were apologising for and the plot points they were retracting, to me it's not only a mess but a worthless mess.
Ditto.

DMZ2112

Chaotic Looseleaf
No such thing. All Star Wars is good. There are a lot of solid points in the thread, and I even agree with some of them, but at the end of the day, it's Star Wars, and it's good. There's not a single movie on this list I wouldn't be excited to watch again, and when I meet people who don't feel the same way, or worse, who are angry about it, it just makes me desperately sad that they've chosen to feel that way.

Except for the person or people who voted for Empire and Rogue One. They are dead to me. :)

Remove ads