Pathfinder 1E What's this, then, Paizo? ANOTHER video game? By Obsidian?

Cergorach

The Laughing One
Obsidian are notorious for having great ideas/story but poor execution (including bugs). To date the blame (as speculated on by fans) has always been laid at the feet of the publisher instead of the Obsidian dev team. That's by I backed the Eternity KS, to see if they could produce actual gold without a publisher instead of gold plated...

Before I get exited by a Pathfinder RPG (instead of an MMO), let's wait on what the Eternity KS brings when they finally release the darned thing (rather have it done right then done on time).

Having sat in a panel with an Obsidian rep and the Paizo team, Obsidian Entertainment seems honestly interested in the Pathfinder game, playing it at work. It sounds like their staff loves the game.
Which makes it more likely they'll give this their A-game to do justice to the product.
They really sold it. So I'm a little more convinced.

Reynard

Legend
I grilled the Obsidian guys a little bit at GenCon when I saw the PFACG demo. There's no date and no details on how its publication will or will not follow multiple PFACG sets. That said, I did ask about any PFACG mechanics that did not make the cut and they were confident that they would be able to make the game work as played on tabletop. And, as expected, it is very pretty. I'd love to be able to play PFACG online with friends spread across the country, so hopefully that happens (but they could not talk abut online play, of course....)

Thaumaturge

Wandering. Not lost. (He/they)
I grilled the Obsidian guys a little bit at GenCon when I saw the PFACG demo. There's no date and no details on how its publication will or will not follow multiple PFACG sets. That said, I did ask about any PFACG mechanics that did not make the cut and they were confident that they would be able to make the game work as played on tabletop. And, as expected, it is very pretty. I'd love to be able to play PFACG online with friends spread across the country, so hopefully that happens (but they could not talk abut online play, of course....)

What about pass-and-play? It would be nice to have a game we could easily carry and play all con in various lines and waiting situations.

Thaumaturge.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
I just had to register to comment on this crap. You obviously never played these games and know very little about them. Anyone who takes metacritic reviews as gospel is a fool. KotOR better than KotOR2? Not by a long shot.

Heck no. He is right on the money by calling KotOR better than KotOR2. And, yes, I played both of them. KotOR I will play multiple times (and have). I can't bring myself to play KotOR2 a second time yet. And I've tried.

See, this is the great thing about Obsidian. Despite the failings, we can see the passion and the fact that they somehow have some excellent writers who love building stupidly complex gamestates. We can most definitely blame executive meddling for KOTOR2 - the complexity of what they were weaving really got to it near the end. Then it ended just like that. *snap* Still, that's what happens when you have a year to develop and you can't look at the source material until a month or two into that year because of some rule.

Remove ads