• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Whats your best/coolest names for pc's or BBEG

Malum

First Post
looking for some original names for campiagn
So I thought I would ask you for some names .

Whats the top few best names you have come up wityh in your gaming carrier?
Which is your fav?

Malum

Scharlata

First Post
Malum said:
looking for some original names for campiagn
So I thought I would ask you for some names .

Whats the top few best names you have come up wityh in your gaming carrier?
Which is your fav?

Malum

Zere arre no namez bätter zen german namez for BBEGs. :]

Zomezink like Dr. Stahlklaue, Herr Starr, or Generaloberstintendant von Blutwurst.

Harrharrharr! (mean laughter)

Enjoy!

Nonlethal Force

First Post
I am personally fond of the names that I gave my 4 characters in my Story Hour: Bitterness Overcome. They are pulled from the Greek language (Koine Greek to be more precise, as opposed to modern Greek or truly ancient Homeric, Ionic, Doric, or the best known of them all - Attic.)

Here they are:

Charis means: Grace
Ischarus means: Mighty
Rhema means: Word
Semeion means: Miracle

Of course, those are transliterations of the Greek words, so there is debate as to the spelling. Furthermore, there is of course minor debate as to the translation. But there you go. I like to write about characters whose names are borrowed adjectives and nouns from other languages. They make the most believable names IMO.

For those who read the Story Hour, I hope that you feel the names were chosen to legitimately identify the characters!

Atavar

First Post
My favorite BBEG name I made up: Muroth (pronounced MURE-awth). Just sounds evil to me.

My favorite personal PC name: Beren Ritter. There were Germanic influences in the DM's homebrew campaign setting, and I wanted a Germanic-sounding name.

My favorite PC name of someone else's PC: Larkan Blackmoon. Just sounds cool.

Other names I liked:

Kristof Silverhand
Lucius
Bael
Tonk (half-orc barbarian)
Tome
Atavar Coramoor
Fitz
Mungo

Later,

Atavar

------

"He was a man. Take him for all in all, I shall not look upon his like again." - Hamlet

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
One of the NPCs in the first Cooperative Dungeon module is Definite D. Multifarious. He's named after a spam email 'From' header :D

-Hyp.

Malum

First Post
I was looking for some cool names for a upstart campaign and thought of the movie Dune.
Lots of cool names there.

Malum

Slife

First Post
A couple I've seen on the forum, in no particular order:

Edgar Allen Polearm
Smith Black the Blacksmith

Xyanthon

First Post
Slife said:
A couple I've seen on the forum, in no particular order:

Edgar Allen Polearm
Smith Black the Blacksmith

Hahahaha. That gave me a good chuckle. I especially like Smith Black the Blacksmith. There is something truely evil about that.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
I remember a thread once where the PCs were told of a Lord Brenden Baren and after a long while, they ended up encountering him and finding that his name was Edgar Goris or something like that, so the initials of everything was BBEG.

Note: I totally forget how it was introduced [my story is off, I know]and my names are totally wrong, but you get the idea, and it was pretty funny reading that poster's story.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads