What's your favorite Doctor Who line or moment?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Thirteenth regeneration!? Thats interesting, being as that theyre only supposed to get 12. Of course, how many has the Master had now?

Regeneration and Incarnation are sometimes used interchangeably. Technically it's 12 regenerations, making 13 incarnations. But the incarnations are often referred to as regenerations not just by fans, but by the show itself.

sabrinathecat

Explorer
The show usually got it right, however. In The Five Doctors, 1st asks "Which are you? Third regeneration?" to which 5th answers "Forth".
"Good Heavens, there are Five of me now!"
The Master had burned through all 12 regenerations, died, stolen another body, was offered more regenerations as a bribe (presumably some modification to his Traken host body), died again, but was resurrected (along with Rassilon and others) during the Time War. Only to hide away and Die yet again.

I've always wondered what happened to Kamp-Po, The Rani, Iris WildThyme, and the other renegade time lords. What did they do during the Time War?

I think it is indicative of the problems with the New show, however that now we look for good lines. We used to look for good episodes, or good stories. Haven't seen one of those in 2 years.

Last edited:

Grehnhewe

First Post
What do guys think of Capaldi? Probably a different dynamic with an older doctor when the last few were younger. I know I have seen Capaldi in several things, but the only things that specifically come to mind off the bat are the movie Local Hero and as the Angel Islington in Neverwhere. Quite liked Neverwhere.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
@The_Silversword, that is not an appropriate comment here. <!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: dbtech_usertag_mention --> @Zombie_Babies <!-- END TEMPLATE: dbtech_usertag_mention -->, threadcrapping is not appropriate either. If you don't like something, please try to find a thread about something you do like.

Herschel

Adventurer
What do guys think of Capaldi? Probably a different dynamic with an older doctor when the last few were younger. I know I have seen Capaldi in several things, but the only things that specifically come to mind off the bat are the movie Local Hero and as the Angel Islington in Neverwhere. Quite liked Neverwhere.

I like him as an actor and I'm thinking he'll be very good in the role. I'm guessing he'll be a more sarcastic doctor, but we'll see.

Remove ads