What's your favourite D&D setting of all time?

What's your favourite D&D setting of all time? (Vote for up to 3)

• Birthright

Votes: 39 13.7%
  • Blackmoor

Votes: 7 2.5%
  • Council of Wyrms

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Dark Sun

Votes: 59 20.8%
  • Dragon Fist

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dragonlance

Votes: 44 15.5%
  • Eberron

Votes: 58 20.4%
  • Forgotten Realms

Votes: 61 21.5%
  • FR: Al-Qadim

Votes: 16 5.6%
  • FR: The Horde

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • FR: Kara-Tur

Votes: 10 3.5%
  • FR: Maztica

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Ghostwalk

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Greyhawk

Votes: 83 29.2%
  • Jakandor

• Kingdoms of Kalamar

Votes: 8 2.8%
  • Lankhmar

Votes: 6 2.1%
  • Mahasarpa

• Mystara

Votes: 42 14.8%
  • Nentir Vale

Votes: 16 5.6%
  • Pelinore

• Planescape

Votes: 85 29.9%
  • Ravenloft

Votes: 47 16.5%
  • Rokugan

Votes: 11 3.9%
  • Spelljammer

Votes: 25 8.8%
  • Thunder Rift

• Underdark

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Warcraft

• Wilderlands of High Fantasy

Votes: 10 3.5%
  • Golarion

Votes: 27 9.5%
  • Other (Write-In, Below)

Votes: 19 6.7%

• Poll closed .

delericho

Legend
Eberron is now the setting that I've used most, and I really like both the 3e iteration and the 4e DM's book (not so keen on the player's book, but that's because I'm not a 4e player/DM). I felt there was almost exactly the right amount of material for it - enough to provide stuff to work with, but enough room to let me stretch my own wings.

I really love the concepts of both Dark Sun and Spelljammer, so voted for those two also. Unfortunately, I never quite seem to manage any real game time in either setting, but they're still good.

Is there going to be a favourite 3rd Party World poll for all those people voting Ptolus, Midnight, Scarred Lands, and (technically) Golarion?
:p

Elf Witch

First Post
I didn't get to vote. Shakes fist at back injury flair up that has made it hard to spend any time on the computer,

My three if I had voted would have been Kingdom of Kalamar, Forgotten Realms pre 3.0 and toss up between Eberron and Dragonlance depending on my mood.

I never had any issue with the canon in Forgotten Realms and people insisting we had to play it correctly. That would knock it off my lists of favorite settings if I had to deal with that kind of crap.

Starfox

Hero
I didn't get to vote either. Aw well...

A bit surprised by all the Greyhawk love. I run Greyhawk as well, I like how "setting neutral" it is - it doesn't have the huge regional differences of FR, yet you can still find a place where almost any campaign or scenario will fit right in. And those migration maps and the ongoing Flan - Oerdian- Suel - Baklunish conflict really get me going. Not that it has a lot of impact on play... but it does have some.

I like alot of what's been written for Golarion, but I miss the backstory that Greyhawk has - contemporary Golarion is cool, historical Golarion feels a bit lacking. That said, I've imported political developments from Golarion to my version of Greyhawk, so there is now an Andoran (former North Province), for example. And the really-far-back history of Golarion is also lovely, with Aztlan, Thassilonia, and the other lost empires.

For a third setting, I'd pick Al-Qadim because it is so very colorful.

Remove ads