• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's your favourite D&D setting of all time?

What's your favourite D&D setting of all time? (Vote for up to 3)

• Birthright

Votes: 39 13.7%
  • Blackmoor

Votes: 7 2.5%
  • Council of Wyrms

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Dark Sun

Votes: 59 20.8%
  • Dragon Fist

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dragonlance

Votes: 44 15.5%
  • Eberron

Votes: 58 20.4%
  • Forgotten Realms

Votes: 61 21.5%
  • FR: Al-Qadim

Votes: 16 5.6%
  • FR: The Horde

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • FR: Kara-Tur

Votes: 10 3.5%
  • FR: Maztica

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Ghostwalk

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Greyhawk

Votes: 83 29.2%
  • Jakandor

• Kingdoms of Kalamar

Votes: 8 2.8%
  • Lankhmar

Votes: 6 2.1%
  • Mahasarpa

• Mystara

Votes: 42 14.8%
  • Nentir Vale

Votes: 16 5.6%
  • Pelinore

• Planescape

Votes: 85 29.9%
  • Ravenloft

Votes: 47 16.5%
  • Rokugan

Votes: 11 3.9%
  • Spelljammer

Votes: 25 8.8%
  • Thunder Rift

• Underdark

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Warcraft

• Wilderlands of High Fantasy

Votes: 10 3.5%
  • Golarion

Votes: 27 9.5%
  • Other (Write-In, Below)

Votes: 19 6.7%

• Poll closed .

delericho

Legend
Eberron is now the setting that I've used most, and I really like both the 3e iteration and the 4e DM's book (not so keen on the player's book, but that's because I'm not a 4e player/DM). I felt there was almost exactly the right amount of material for it - enough to provide stuff to work with, but enough room to let me stretch my own wings.

I really love the concepts of both Dark Sun and Spelljammer, so voted for those two also. Unfortunately, I never quite seem to manage any real game time in either setting, but they're still good.

Is there going to be a favourite 3rd Party World poll for all those people voting Ptolus, Midnight, Scarred Lands, and (technically) Golarion?
:p

Elf Witch

First Post
I didn't get to vote. Shakes fist at back injury flair up that has made it hard to spend any time on the computer,

My three if I had voted would have been Kingdom of Kalamar, Forgotten Realms pre 3.0 and toss up between Eberron and Dragonlance depending on my mood.

I never had any issue with the canon in Forgotten Realms and people insisting we had to play it correctly. That would knock it off my lists of favorite settings if I had to deal with that kind of crap.

Starfox

Hero
I didn't get to vote either. Aw well...

A bit surprised by all the Greyhawk love. I run Greyhawk as well, I like how "setting neutral" it is - it doesn't have the huge regional differences of FR, yet you can still find a place where almost any campaign or scenario will fit right in. And those migration maps and the ongoing Flan - Oerdian- Suel - Baklunish conflict really get me going. Not that it has a lot of impact on play... but it does have some.

I like alot of what's been written for Golarion, but I miss the backstory that Greyhawk has - contemporary Golarion is cool, historical Golarion feels a bit lacking. That said, I've imported political developments from Golarion to my version of Greyhawk, so there is now an Andoran (former North Province), for example. And the really-far-back history of Golarion is also lovely, with Aztlan, Thassilonia, and the other lost empires.

For a third setting, I'd pick Al-Qadim because it is so very colorful.

Remove ads