What's your group's AYCW?

What's your group's AYCW? (In US Dollars)

• Less than $50

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • $50 - $100

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • $100 - $200

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • $200 - $500

Votes: 14 24.6%
  • $500 - $1000

Votes: 8 14.0%
  • $1000+

Votes: 6 10.5%

Status
Not open for further replies.
As mentioned in another thread, I recently calculated my group's Average Yearly Contribution to WotC (AYCW) at approximately $250 (US Dollars).

This figure is an average of the money spent by each individual member of the group on D&D supplements. This doesn't include any other WotC products purchased (D&D Minis, Magic: The Gathering, Dreamblade, Axis & Allies Minis, Avalon Hill games, etc), nor does it cover 3rd party purchases; just D&D books.

Seems like an interesting topic, considering I hear a lot about people who routinely don't purchase any supplements.

So, what's your group's AYCW? (Remember, this is an average, not sum total of the entire group.)

-TRRW

Last edited:

Nyaricus

First Post
Prolly about 50-100 bucks in Canadian, which is close enough to US bucks that I voted in the same category.

I'm really only counting the core of my group, since the other players come and go. Trev buys a lot of magic books, and Brian buys the odd thing once in a blue moon.

cheers,
--N

Nyaricus

First Post
Crap. I forgot to add myself into the equation.

That easily puts us three at the 200-500 dollar range :uhoh:

:eek:

cheers,
--N

Sammael

Adventurer
D&D minis are a D&D supplement, so I don't understand why you excluded them from the list. Without minis, I spend somewhere around $150 on WotC D&D products. Members of my group probably spend another $50 or so, so I'll pick the $100-$200 option.

With D&D minis, I'm in the $1000+ option. Before I started buying minis, my book budget was probably about $100 greater than it is today; but the current book lineup also doesn't appeal a whole lot to me, which is one of the reasons why I'm not spending more.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
I can't participate: I don't really know how much the others buy (but it isn't much - I'm getting the stuff, anyway, we play in my dungeon, everything's there), and I don't like how you didn't include DDM.

If you counted me alone (without the others), and with minis, I'd have the 1000+ mark easily (I beat that on minis alone). Otherwise, I'd have to count things: I get everything FR and most d20M, and quite a lot Core D&D (sans most adventures), and all FR Novels. Depending on what comes out in that month, this could be 20 quid all in all, could be three times as much.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Sammael said:
D&D minis are a D&D supplement, so I don't understand why you excluded them from the list.
I'd think: if you buy DDMs to play D&D Miniatures, then it doesn't count; if you buy DDMs as an accessory for your D&D games, then it does.

Sammael

Adventurer
Jdvn1 said:
I'd think: if you buy DDMs to play D&D Miniatures, then it doesn't count; if you buy DDMs as an accessory for your D&D games, then it does.
I very much doubt that any ENWorlders buy DDM just for Skirmish.

2WS-Steve

First Post
Sammael said:
D&D minis are a D&D supplement, so I don't understand why you excluded them from the list. Without minis, I spend somewhere around $150 on WotC D&D products. Members of my group probably spend another $50 or so, so I'll pick the $100-$200 option.

With D&D minis, I'm in the $1000+ option. Before I started buying minis, my book budget was probably about $100 greater than it is today; but the current book lineup also doesn't appeal a whole lot to me, which is one of the reasons why I'm not spending more.

If you exclude me, the six players in my group bought a grand total of three PHBs (3.0) back in 2002 or so, probably at $30 each -- making their yearly purchases average out to 3 bucks.

I wonder why WotC is going more towards miniatures? :D

EyeontheMountain

First Post
How in the world can you spend 1000 per year? The whole 2007 catalog (including novels) doesn't get this high!

In my group one player and I spend about 250 on supplements each while the last guy spends 0, and has since 2nd ed.

Back then, he did buy the ENTIRE dark sun line, so that was pretty impressive, Has never owed a core rulebook then or now.

Sammael

Adventurer
Some people buy multiple copies of rulebooks for whatever reason.

If you include DDM, you can easily spend $1000 per year - $300 per set, plus $100 for Icons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads