• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's your Ptolus number?

rom90125

Banned
Banned
#886. Picked it up at GenCon from Monte and Sue. The highlight was getting to shake Monte's hand and thank him personally for rekindling my fire in D&D.

Jaws

First Post
I got #60. No doodle. I picked mine up at Gen Con. I had Sue sign it. And Jason Engle to sign it too. I was hoping to get more signatures, but I had to leave early Sunday.

I did have Monte sign my "Orc and Pie" shirt.

Peace and smiles :)

j.

Arnwyn

First Post
Mine arrived yesterday in perfect condition, ordered in May: #539/1000... and a doodle! Woo!

The doodle is of a teeny-tiny bearded and helmed dwarf holding an axe, with the caption: "Aye. I'm a dwarf."

Who knew that some guy passing the time by sketching in your book would be so damn cool? Very awesome.

#601, no doodle

My copy has 4 bent corners unfortunately. They are bent more than I could have gotten them through regular use which was a bit of a let down.

When I first got the package I could see the book inside through one of the ends as the cardboard box had started to rip. A bit of bubble wrap on the ends of the box might have saved a lot of people damaged books. Hopefully they learn from the mistake.

Personally I liken it to getting a brand new Ferrari and finding that it has a noticable scratch on it. It doesn't make it totally worthless but you still feel a little disappointed considering how much you paid for it.

Oh well, I'll get over it.

Olaf the Stout

Whisper72

Explorer
Number 573, reporting for duty... It now sits comfily on my desk at home, where I have to stay cuz we're remodeling the house and ppl are coming today to lay new carpet. Unfortunately no doodle. It is in very fine condition however, in a box, within another box and bubble wrapped. The corners show teeny bending, but I think that with the weight of the thing this is inevitable.

Dr. Harry

First Post
I'm number 78; ordered pretty early on -- as you can guess!

My copy had just the slightest dent along the top, which could be smoothed out and left hardly a wrinkle.

mythusmage

Banned
Banned
50/1,000

Ordered on Sept. 5 2005
Received on Aug. 8 2006 in good condition

Been reading it. Been going, "There's adventure possibilities there." It has much more potential value than I paid for it.

It impressed my psychiatrist. You don't impress psychiatrists.

BTW, Conjecture is coming up. Which is a small local science fiction/fantasy literature focused convention coming up Sept 29 of this year. Because of Ptolus I got recruited into running a game.

Whatever Happened to Wizard Jahmes

A wizard has disappeared. So has a scroll. What happened to the wizard? What happened to the scroll? Are they connected? Why are so many people interested in the two? Why are so many people interested in the people looked for them? Can you get a decent ankheg salad in South Market at 11:30 at night?

A Ptolus Mystery

Remove ads