• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's your Ptolus number?

Keith Robinson

Explorer
Atavar said:
What I found so odd, though, was that the box it was shipped in was in no way damaged, which makes the location of the damage seem like it was damaged BEFORE they shipped it. How can such damage occur from sliding around during shipping? The corners I can understand, but this?

I actually wondered the same thing. Mine came in a box within a box (it was tranantlantic), plus the padding, but the corner was still dinted - nothing major - even though the inner box looked fine. I also wondered if it had occured before it was sent out.

Mark Hope

Adventurer
#536, just arrived this morning in perfect condition. It is currently engaged in a cage-fight with Rappan Athuk Reloaded for my undivided attention. Ptolus weighs more and is a sturdier combatant, but the Rappan Athuk box keeps spraying out all these unkillable poop golems, so it could be a long time before the matter is settled...

Edit: Dragon #347 just arrived in the mail. I think I'll give my poor arms a rest and read that instead... :D

Last edited:

My copy of Ptolus arrived at my house yesterday (14th August). I had the day off work due to a sprained ankle. At about 4pm I had to go with my wife to the local garden/landscaping place to speak to someone about our backyard. Can you guess when the FedEx van came?

Yep, in the 45 minutes that we were out. I got a little note slipped under the doormat saying that they'll try to deliver it again tomorrow. Noooooooooo!!!! :(

Now I have to wait another day for it and since I'm back at work today I have to take the chance that nothing will happen to it when it is left at my back door (It was either the back door, the front door or a 1hr drive to the airport to pick it up myself). I left a plastic tub out for the guy to put it in just in case it rains (winter here in Australia).

I don't know how I can concentrate on my work today knowing what will be waiting for me when I get home. I'm so sad!! :lol:

At least my wife enjoyed last night. She spent the night mocking me as I moped about the fact that we were out when they tried to deliver it.

Olaf the Stout

Last edited:

Taren Nighteyes

First Post
Copy #366

Arrived in perfect condition. It is worth every penny. Monte does great work (and his wife Sue as well :)

Needless to say, it is going to take a lot of time to chew through, but I couldn't be happier. :)

Taren Nighteyes

Tharen the Damned

First Post
I got News for all out there still waiting for their copy. I mailed Brad from WW that I ordered early (26. Aug. 05) but still did not got my copy.
He mailed back and said that the late delivery was to to WW REPACKING the Ptolus copies!
They reacted to the customers complaining that they received dented books.
Well, I can wait a few more days if I will get an undented copy.

My corners were only slightly bent in, but the second bound-in satin bookmark stuck to one page and when I pulled it away, I lost a few words.

I'm guessing that I'm not alone in finding that my envelope was no longer attached to the book when it arrived. It was where it was supposed to be, but just not attached. I peeled off the boogers and after reading the handouts, threw the envelope in the box with the Players' Guides (and issue 1 of the Ptolus comic book).

I don't know when I ordered.

Remove ads