What's your screenname mean?

Where'd you get that screenname?

Green Knight

First Post
Mine's fairly self-explanatory. I'm a fan of the old medieval romance Sir Gawain and the Green Knight. I've read it more then a few times and really like it, so there you go.

ghettognome

First Post
Mine is because I made a gnome for an FR campaign and named her Shandricka, off the wall and no influence whatsoever. Soon she became a black gnome with attitude. She was dubbed ghettognome. :)

Reprisal

First Post
My screen name used to be "Nuclear Reprisal" because I thought it was a clever oxymoron, and I stole it from an obscure Canadian rock lyric. When I played multiplayer games online, people would either call me "nuke" or "NR" and I disliked both. As a result, I shortened the named down to "Reprisal" though people end up mispronouncing it, or they just call me Rep. So I usually sign my name in forums with "Rep."

Like this, :)

- Rep.

My screen name comes from the demented twistings of a five year old's brain. Specifically my girlfriend's little brother. At her eighteenth birthday party, out of the blue, he runs up to me gasping for breath, grabs my leg and says in the most serious tone of voice that a five year old can pull off, "YOU, are Sorrow, the Man-Bear!" He nods solemnly and runs off. One of the best things that ever came out of that little ruffian. :)

Finster

First Post
Finster a.k.a. Baby Face

I stole mine from an old Looney Toons cartoon. You know, the criminal that hides out diguised as a baby, but smokes a cigar. He made a brief appearance in Roger Rabbit too.

Was an NPC in my Marvel Superheroes game. Actually he was another (more visible) hero playing the role of a bounty hunter who could do things the more popular hero couldn't do without bad press.

Miss that game a lot. Between high school and afterwards, some form of Kain has been running around for like 15 years or so.

Cergorach

The Laughing One
Mine originated from a Shadowrun messageboard, i wanted something unique, yet still 'me'. I made a vague reference to an even more vague fictional character that i found inspiring. "LaughingOne" was my handle for a long time until the moderators at the Shadowrun board decided that there would be no usernames at their boards that used character names from the Shadowrun universe. Many thought that "LaughingOne" refered to the Shadowrun character "Harlequin", it wasn't, but i was forced to use a different handle (very annoying because i use one handle all over the interet). So i decided to drop the vague reference and use the character name, it was unique enough and the character name has over the years become even less unknown then when i picked "LaughingOne"...

It's quite... 'unique'... *grins evily*

Thyrkill

Explorer
Mine is my middle name...seriously. It is an old Anglo Saxon family name (apparently named after a famous warrior) which originally stems from the Vikings. Always thought it was pretty unique.

Matt

Sketchpad

Explorer
I choose Sketchpad for a few of reasons:
- I'm an artist and use sketchpads daily to doodle in.
- In a past chat-life I was once called Sketch ;)
- I've been described as being "sketchy" by someone before.

Now, I use it everywhere I go on the net whenever I can. If I can land the name "Sketchpad" , I occasionally use "Sketchpad D", as another nickname of mine is "D" or "Big D", which is the first initial of my real name :) In fact, my studio was very close to being called Sketchpad Studios, but I didn't want people associating SS with my art ;)

Gundark

Explorer
Gundark....is a monster from Star Wars which I am a fan of. Actually I used to play the Star Wars CCG, and one of the unique tie fighters was nick named Winged Gundark for his several atmospheric kills. I used to go by Winged Gundark but eventually it got shorted to Gundark.

Remove ads