• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Whedon does Wonder Woman

John Crichton

First Post
http://www.aintitcoolnews.com/display.cgi?id=19012

(I'd quote the article, but for some reason the WYSIWYG editor here at ENworld is still on the fritz and the formatting is unreadable.)

Whedon on anything = cool. They need to make this happen. I know there have been threads on this before but now there are more rumblings. I'd love to see Charisma Carpenter in the role, myself. Either that or an unknown.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
There's a more recent update at Dark Horizons. Apparently it's down to Charisma Carpenter or, Whedon's first choice, SMG.

Buffy as Wonder Woman? Ugh! I'm not keen on Cordelia as Wonder Woman, either, but better her than Buffy.

Klaus

First Post
"Whedon does Wonder Woman "

[Kenneth Branagh]There's a double meaning in that ;) [/Kenneth Branagh]

Ah, Much Ado About Nothing, the movie that gave us Kate Beckinsale...

Berandor

lunatic
Please no SMidGe. Please.

There would be some nice choices; Charisma Carpenter might be alright. But I think it's a problem when you have Wonder Woman and can see right through her.

I mean, Wonder Woman!

John Crichton

First Post
Morrus said:
There's a more recent update at Dark Horizons. Apparently it's down to Charisma Carpenter or, Whedon's first choice, SMG.

Buffy as Wonder Woman? Ugh! I'm not keen on Cordelia as Wonder Woman, either, but better her than Buffy.
Seeing SMG as WW would be quite jarring. She can certainly pull off the acting but the look is all wrong. Carpenter has both, IMO. So unless SMG can put on 25 pounds of full muscle...

Actually, no matter who is cast I'll be watching. In Whedon I trust.

Klaus

First Post
Hmmm... I've never seen Charisma Carpenter act as anything other than the Cordelia-style b**ch (granted, I've watched her on Buffy, Angel and Miss Match). I'd like to see her try a serious role that disn't involve smart-aleck remarks.

I'm still for Jennifer Connelly. She may not be extra tall, but, neither is Tom Cruise! :D

KnowTheToe

First Post
I don't think you can expect great acting from CC. I checked out a Buffy book on tape from the library because CC was the reader and I thought it might be fun pulp while driving. She was one of the worst readers I have ever heard. I say Whedon goes looking for some new inspiration and actresses

Jamdin

Explorer
Charisma Carpenter role as Cordelia improved greatly on Angel and I would much rather see her as Wonder Woman. Of course, I would like to see someone with a bit more muscles.

FCWesel

First Post
I read on one of the news sources that SMG is already out. The studios don't want her due to the fact that she's about 8 inches shorter then WW is supposed to be.

I am a CC being WW fan, I must say.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads