Wheel of Chance arena:Oni vs Renau1g

Oni

First Post
Random thoughts.

Wow, I would never have guessed this would take this long, and I wasn't expecting him to go down either, I figured he would have more HP than that.

This arena was frustratingly evil, I would have hated to have been stuck with a melee character in there, and I was really worried renau1g was going to have magic missle for the first half.

If you do this again, I think drop or limit the comsumables I used like 4 potions that fight.

The two attacks in a row from the ready action on closing was rough. Readying is kind of weird in terms of initiative, you do something response and then fall in front of them in the order seems counter intuitive.

I had good dex, I really wish I had included a crossbow in my equipment for some extra range, 10 squares seemed pretty paltry by the end there.

Wearing a mask was clever, information is very important. I wish I had thought of it, though I'm not sure it would have worked for a halfling.

Also I wasn't expecting a wizard, but the idea of hampering movement with flaming sphere was very strong.

[sblock=Character Sheet for the curious]

Joshua, level 2
Halfling, Warlock
Eldritch Blast: Eldritch Blast Charisma
Eldritch Pact: Fey Pact

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 8, Con 12, Dex 18, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 18.

Starting Ability Scores
Str 8, Con 12, Dex 16, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 16.

AC: 18 Fort: 13 Reflex: 17 Will: 17
HP: 29 Surges: 7 Surge Value: 7
Init: +9

TRAINED SKILLS
Insight +6, Thievery +12, Bluff +10, Arcana +7, Stealth +10.

FEATS
1: Skill Training (Stealth)
2: Improved Initiative

POWERS
At Will: Eldritch Blast: +6 vs Ref, 1d10+5

At Will: Eyebite: +6 vs Will, 1d6+6 and invisible to target until start of next turn and CA against target on first attack next turn (from wand).

Encounter: Dreadful Word: +6 vs Will, 2d8+5 and target takes -1 to Will until end of next turn.

Encounter: Second Chance: if an enemy hits you, you may force them to reroll.

Daily: Dread Star: +6 vs Will, 3d6+5 and target is immobilized until end of next turn and takes -2 to Will (save ends)

Daily: Repulsion Armour: Minor Action. Whenever an enemy moves adjacent you may push them 1 square as an immediate reaction, last until end of encounter.

Utility (Encounter): Ethereal Stride: Teleport 3 squares, gain +2 all def until end of next turn.

ITEMS
Master's Wand of Eyebite +1, Repulsion Leather Armor +1, Amulet of Protection +1, Potion of Healing x3, Potion of Clarity x2, Tanglefoot Bag x4

[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
You think the arena was evil because no one thought to take the risk and go down the platforms :devil: . Well, actually ig did think about it, but I guess even with darkvision he didn't have enough info to try it. The limit on consumables is something I thought of too. If we go with couples potions will be much less necessary too.
Btw, no one comments that, is it such a bad idea? :D

renau1g

First Post
It was pretty close, but the blindness just wrecked me. I was worried about melee PC's more than ranged, so I chose Ray of Frost and Thunderwave. If I would've had MM and the Flaming Sphere to corral you it might have ended differently, but well played.

I thought a wizard might throw people for a loop, so I went with it, but they weren't nearly as bad as I thought they'd be in PvP. Their dailies are pretty good and they have a nice range.

Reading through the sblocks it seems we had the same idea for the Repulsion armor...

[sblock=CS]
Faceless One
Male Eladrin Wizard 2
Initiative +2
Senses Low-Light Vision; Passive Insight 18, Passive Perception 13
HP 25; Bloodied 12; Healing Surge 6 ; Surges Per Day 8
AC 16; Fort 11, Ref 16, Will 16
Speed 6
Action Points 1
-----------------------------------------------------------------
At-Wills: Thunderwave & Ray of Frost
Encounter: Second Wind, Fey Step, Orb Implement, Icy Terrain
Daily: Healing Word, Flaming Sphere, Expeditious Retreat
Cantrips
Can utilize Ghost Sound, Mage Hand, Light, and Prestidigitation
Spellbook
Spellbook contains the following Daily Spells: Flaming Sphere & Sleep. Also contains the following Rituals: Comprehend Languages, Floating Disc, & Silence.
Arcane Implement
Orb, can extend at-will by one round or force enemy to take a -2 to saving throw
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Alignment Evil; Languages Common, Elven
Str 8 (-1) Dex 12 (+1) Wis 14 (+2)
Con 11 (+0) Int 20(+5) Cha 10 (+0)
Arcana* +13, Athletics** +5, Dungeoneering* +8, History* +8, Insight* +8, Religion* +11
* Trained Skill, **Eladrin Education
Feats: Initiate of Faith (1), Ritual Caster (bonus), Moon Elf Resilience (FRPG)
Gear Orb of Inevitable Consequence (lvl 3), Repulsion Cloth +1 (lvl 2), Amulet of Protection +1 (lvl 1), Potions of Regeneration (2) (320gp), Potion of Resistance (40gp)
[/sblock]

Remove ads