Wheel of Time Full Trailer is out *No Spoilers Please*

Parmandur

Book-Friend
To be honest the tower and Tar Valon was not at all what I expected. I’ve always seen it as a spire. Like a needle but I except that is very odd architecturally and not at all practical. This feels like a compromise but I’m not unhappy about it. I can’t wait to see it up close.
The description I found on a quick search says that the White Tower "structure is a bone-white spire nearly 100 spans (around 600 feet or 183 meters) in height. Its roof is flat-topped with a waist-high railing." The rest of the city visible in the shot is on an island of 8 by 2 mils, with a population of 500,000 people. Thinking on the image, the White Tower is actually massive, though yeah it's a little more Hagia Sophia than my mental image, but it certainly dominates the cityscape. I found the original map, and an annotation of the trailer shot:

y1tR8.gif
967238723_TarVAlonFullOverlay.thumb.png.698f29fab85101785f6b28fb68b662d5.png

Steel_Wind

Legend
Sorry, but I have no familiarity with the source material (I think I struggled through a chapter or two of the first novel a couple of decades ago), and the trailer just presents a load of generic faces and places without giving me any real clue as to who's important, who's the main character, whether anyone's likeable, or what the plot is about. Oh, except the villain's called "The Dark One", which is about the most generic fantasy villain name ever.
In fairness, it's a "teaser trailer". Teasers are just supposed to be images to get you excited about the film/series without explaining any of it. Actual trailers are intended to convey to you the plot of the film/series, at least to the point where you have some idea what this is all about. This one, as a "teaser trailer" falls between those two traditional purposes to which a "teaser" and a "trailer" are put.

The more detailed information as to plot that you seek may come out more in the longer trailer -- and yes -- Rafe Judkins, showrunner, has said that there will be one of those, too. No release date on the trailer, but I expect that some time in mid-October.

Remove ads