D&D General When did Kickstarters become a bad deal

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I didn't see it. Never did take that nap, in my lame defense.

Though when it comes to things like "Lots of Chotkes" kickstarters I assumed that larger companies got everything shipped to -them-, then repackaged things, then shipped it out separately.

I'm talking about things like that cardboard sleeve as opposed to Amazon's plastic shipping bags they send things out in that are more resistant to weather and the like.

Not "We control the post office" but "We control the packaging material we've chosen for this shipment"... am I wrong?
I would think only the very biggest companies and the very smallest warehouse and package things themselves (for different reasons).

Steampunkette

Rules Tinkerer and Freelance Writer
Supporter
I would think only the very biggest companies and the very smallest warehouse and package things themselves (for different reasons).
... here I'd thought I was "Doing it wrong" by having the printers mail directly to the customers instead of having it shipped to my home to be checked, repackaged, and shipped out.

HUGE weight off my chest.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
... here I'd thought I was "Doing it wrong" by having the printers mail directly to the customers instead of having it shipped to my home to be checked, repackaged, and shipped out.

HUGE weight off my chest.
Well once it gets to a certain volume you can’t really do it yourself at home (unless you live in a mansion I guess). You then use a fulfilment partner. Of course that in itself increases the costs.

Remove ads