When do Dragon and Dungeon go subscriber-only?

Scribble

First Post
Harr said:
Could you please point me to the new magic items and the new paragon path... I'd be interested in those but can't find them anywhere on the webpage (it's not very well organized though).

Goto the dragon section and the newest article... Wolves of Maldeen.

chriton227

Explorer
I thought they were going to release a consolidated PDF of each issue once the issue's content had all trickled out, but I couldn't find them on the site. Was I mistaken, or am I just blind?

Bagpuss

Legend
Not yet complete yet, they still have more to trickle out. Don't expect it until the very end of this month or early next.

Kishin

First Post
Mourn said:
That boggled me. This is the same stuff Paizo would have had in the print version.

By the same writers, no less!

I don't care about the delivery vector of these works; I can trust in the quality of the authors if its going to be people like Nic and Ari.

chriton227

Explorer
Bagpuss said:
Not yet complete yet, they still have more to trickle out. Don't expect it until the very end of this month or early next.
Did they release the PDFs of any of the previous issues?

Edit: I see the links for the complete PDF of Dragon #360, but not any of the other Dragon issues or any of the Dungeon issues.

Last edited:

JoeGKushner

First Post
Kishin said:
By the same writers, no less!

I don't care about the delivery vector of these works; I can trust in the quality of the authors if its going to be people like Nic and Ari.

And yet, for many, the delivery vector means a great deal.

Especially as WoTC has failed to master some basics like a good log in system, timely updates with errata, print friendly PDF's, format that takes better advantage of being electronic document (hyperlinks for example), etc... etc... etc...

pawsplay

Hero
Scribble said:
Well... if that's what they think.. rock on, as the info I've been gettign so far has been GREAT!

Okay, I was being snarky. It is pretty good stuff, so far.

I'm going to speculate wildly here that later editions will probably not shine as brightly. They are still marketing the debut of 4e, and they are "giving the people what they want" in terms of content. It's very difficult to acquire and edit material for subscription services, for one thing.

Scribble

First Post
pawsplay said:
Okay, I was being snarky. It is pretty good stuff, so far.

I'm going to speculate wildly here that later editions will probably not shine as brightly. They are still marketing the debut of 4e, and they are "giving the people what they want" in terms of content. It's very difficult to acquire and edit material for subscription services, for one thing.

magazine's always have their ups and downs. I'm not going to say that the articles will always be awesome, as that has never happened in my opinion in the history of any magazine... But I think we're in for a good run altogether.

Remove ads