When Fiendform Ends does Effects End?

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
If you cast Levitate on a willing creature, who then changes his mind... does he stop levitating?

If you cast Dominate Person on someone, and they cast Fiendform and become an Outsider (and therefore not a valid target of Dominate Person), are they still dominated?

If you cast Shillelagh on a non-magical oak club, isn't it then a magical oak club (and therefore not a valid target of Shillelagh)?

If you cast Bless on your allies, and then one of them switches sides, does he still get the morale bonuses?

-Hyp.

Last edited:

andargor

Rule Lawyer Groupie
Supporter
Lord Pendragon said:
...Head...hurts....

Just let Hyp go. He's probably a real life lawyer or theologian, and thrives on the philosophical debates more than the answers themselves (if any).

So, Hyp, if a tree falls in the forest, and no one is around, would a Silence still dampen the sound, if any? :D

Andargor

SimonMoon5

First Post
First of all, note that with the errata to Fiendform, you can no longer turn into an erinyes. Sorry. (I had planned to have an incantatrix character cast persistent fiendform, but that possibility got nerfed very quickly.)

Secondly, I emailed the Sage a long while ago, asking about what happens if a character who was temporarily an outsider is polymorphed into another outsider (for example, you could use fiendform to become a quasit and then polymorph to become an erinyes). The Sage said that when fiendform wore off, the polymorph would also cease to work since you are no longer a valid target to be polymorphed into an outsider.

Thirdly, I don't think it matters if the source of an effect goes away. Suppose you have a wand of polymorph and use it to polymorph into a griffon. Then, someone disintegrates your wand. Would you stop being a griffon? No. So, if you could use fiendform to become an erinyes (which you can't), you could use the polymorph effect, whose duration would not be affected by the duration of fiendform, unless you polymorph into an outsider.

Saeviomagy

Adventurer
SimonMoon5 said:
First of all, note that with the errata to Fiendform, you can no longer turn into an erinyes. Sorry. (I had planned to have an incantatrix character cast persistent fiendform, but that possibility got nerfed very quickly.)

Secondly, I emailed the Sage a long while ago, asking about what happens if a character who was temporarily an outsider is polymorphed into another outsider (for example, you could use fiendform to become a quasit and then polymorph to become an erinyes). The Sage said that when fiendform wore off, the polymorph would also cease to work since you are no longer a valid target to be polymorphed into an outsider.
If that ever makes it into an errata, then stone to flesh/flesh to stone is going to become the ultimate "nerf-spell" remover.

Hey - it even gets rid of negative levels!

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
If that ever makes it into an errata, then stone to flesh/flesh to stone is going to become the ultimate "nerf-spell" remover.

"I cast Animal Growth on my Dire Bear!"
"Okay. His hit dice double. He's no longer a valid target for your Animal Friendship spell, so he wanders off to look for a really big salmon."

-Hyp.

SimonMoon5

First Post
RJSmalls said:
Simon - I can't find the errata you mention. I checked the FRCS FAQ. Could you point me to where it is? Thanks!

Try the Magic of Faerun errata, since Fiendform was originally from MoF not FRCS.

Remove ads