• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

When Historical Books Show Inaccuracies

S'mon

Legend
Darklone said:
There are still thousands out there who tell me a katana is the best sword quality out there. I can show them measurements and comparisons of steel quality. Do they believe the facts? Not very often.

I tend to think a good medieval katana is like a good gumbo - poor materials, great result. :)

S'mon

Legend
Umbran said:
While it is a fact that armored knights at Agincourt had huge troubles moving around in the mud, this "seal with their rigid armor" is.. well, nonsense. A breastplate does not have a simple straight edge that would make a "seal" simple without mostly immersing the knight in the mud. And if he's mostly immersed in mud, the seal is the least of his problems.

Er, yeah. I believe a lot of them drowned in the mud. A lot of WW1 soldiers drowned in the (similar) Belgian clay muds, without being encased in armour.

S'mon

Legend
Umbran said:
While it is a fact that armored knights at Agincourt had huge troubles moving around in the mud, this "seal with their rigid armor" is.. well, nonsense. A breastplate does not have a simple straight edge that would make a "seal" simple without mostly immersing the knight in the mud.

I don't see why you would need to be immersed more than a couple of inches in the mud before the seal would form. It's the same effect you get walking (in boots) across a muddy field, only with a larger cross-sectional area so more suction.

Remove ads