Where do you go for RPG reviews?

kitsune9

Adventurer
RPG Pundit provides really thorough reviews for games that might be out of print or unusual. I like reading his reviews, and I read the reviews here, but wish there were more on this site. I have read reviews on RPG Net, but when the reviewer starts issuing out personal attacks on someone regardless of whether the game is truly that horrible, it's a major turn-off and I stop reading it. Also, I don't like reading reviews that seem like gloss-overs or incomplete. I really like a chapter-by-chapter review of what works, what doesn't, and the overall impression.

Pilgrim

First Post
I usually visit here and RPG.net for catching up on the latest hoopla. I like to get a wide range of opinions on products out or coming out. EnWorld and RPGnet appear to be the best sites for variety gaming.

Sir Robilar

First Post
I used to enjoy OgreCave for reviews. There haven´t been any updates in the last months though.

Edit: Oh and for good reviews in German there is dnd-gate.de.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Thanks for the responses so far - there's a few sites I haven't heard of yet. :)

I used to read more EN World reviews, but even finding the review section is difficult now...

Cheers!

Pinotage

Explorer
OneBookShelf (RPGNow and DriveThruRPG) suit most of my review needs. ENWorld for other product reviews or just plain old Google-Fu.

Pinotage

IronWolf

blank
I tend towards rpg.net or just google-fu to find some. I also read reviews here that pop up on my radar, but the review section here isn't as friendly as it once was. Which is too bad as it used to be one of my preferred sites to check since I knew from regular forum posts whose opinion I typically fell in line with.

alms66

First Post
I don't read reviews, they are always biased one way or the other so I find it pointless to read someone else's opinions of anything really, not just RPG's. I buy what I think might be cool and form my own opinions, then sell it off if it turns out that it sucks.

IronWolf

blank
I don't read reviews, they are always biased one way or the other so I find it pointless to read someone else's opinions of anything really, not just RPG's. I buy what I think might be cool and form my own opinions, then sell it off if it turns out that it sucks.

Of course if it sucks, it is sometimes hard to find a buyer! :D

I think if one reads reviews with the grain of salt useful tidbits can be taken from them. In niche hobbies like ours it is often easier to get a feel for which reviewer is most like or unlike your own tastes as well.

Remove ads