Where Does Inspiration Come From?

Inspiration. Hero Points. Karma. Fate Points. Momentum. Doom. Player currencies have been in RPGs since the Fortune and Fame points of 1980's Top Secret RPG. Jon Peterson does a deep dive into their origin and history over the decades. http://playingattheworld.blogspot.com/2021/01/a-history-of-hero-points-fame-fortune.html

Inspiration. Hero Points. Karma. Fate Points. Momentum. Doom. Player currencies have been in RPGs since the Fortune and Fame points of 1980's Top Secret RPG. Jon Peterson does a deep dive into their origin and history over the decades.

1.jpg

Kannik

Hero
Awesome to read -- I hadn't really thought of it before, but the concept of Fame & Fortune & Fate & etc points has always been a part of my RPG experience and even my conception of RPGs and how they operate, as Top Secret was my first RPG. (Aside: 35 years, wow...) Also always a treat to read about the history and evolution of the hobby! :)

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Player currencies have been in RPGs since the Fortune and Fame points of 1980's Top Secret RPG. Jon

Top Secret. Awesome RPG.

....Awesom-er movie.

There is sauerkraut in my lederhosen.

I'm not the first guy who fell in love with a woman that he met at a restaurant who turned out to be the daughter of a kidnapped scientist, only to lose her to her childhood lover who she last saw on a deserted island, who then turned out fifteen years later to be the leader of the French underground.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads