where have all the devils gone?

Devon

First Post
Between the Monstrous COmpendium, Monsters of Faerun, and the Manual of the Planes, WotC has converted almost all of the original AD&D devil subtypes.

Then, in the CC, we have pretty much all of the Dukes and Arch-devils--individual fiends with established places in the hierarchy of Baator.

I went back and consulted lists of the old AD&D fiends, and even though the CC had to convert a fair number of Tanar'ri which missed the transition to 3e (a few of which were subsequently converted in MotP), the seminal Baatezu have been pretty much taken care of.

However, we don't seem to be inventing that many new devils. I see the occasional demon, and there was a thread awhile back in which several new categories of fiends were invented--rivals to Tanar'ri and Baatezu (they were quite nice, although they needed to have more subtypes for each new category). However, unless I'm missing them, people aren't inventing new baatezu.

Maybe I should start? Does anyone recommend a particular vice or sin with which I should begin?

- Devon

Krishnath

First Post
Magus: gluttony, sloth, and jealousy is more of a demon/Yugoloth thing than baatezu,Vanity on the other hand...

Devon: I would suggest pride and greed would be good starts.

Remove ads