D&D 5E Where in FR do you want the next big adventure book to go?

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
Nentir Vale.

I know you are joking, and I'm a big fan of the Vale, but I used its map and lore to expand the post-sundering Shining South in my FR. With the Elsir Vale from Red Hand of Doom being more or less set in the Shining South, I just added the Nentir and the Elskyr (from 4e Scales of War campaign) next to it, transplanted there from Albeir. So Arkhosia and Bael-Turath were warring nations from the plane-touched/draconic world of Albeir, now their descendants are stranded in Toril.

ccs

41st lv DM
Somewhere interesting.

Failing that, somewhere completely random that's not been detailed before.
Throw a dart at the entire FR map & write a good adventure set there. Oh, and avoid the 5e standard of the silly/implausible begining.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
I know you are joking, and I'm a big fan of the Vale, but I used its map and lore to expand the post-sundering Shining South in my FR. With the Elsir Vale from Red Hand of Doom being more or less set in the Shining South, I just added the Nentir and the Elskyr (from 4e Scales of War campaign) next to it, transplanted there from Albeir. So Arkhosia and Bael-Turath were warring nations from the plane-touched/draconic world of Albeir, now their descendants are stranded in Toril.
I believe Chris Perkins has said that they originally wrote Nentir Vale to be part of the Realms, but ended up transporting it to the 4e assumed setting when it became clear that they were doing one. So I was kind of joking, but also if they just put the vale (back) into FR, I’d be down.

Weird Dave

Adventurer
Publisher
I'd love a full book on the Cold Lands - Vaasa, Damara, Narfell, and the Great Glacier. Though that would muck up my plans for a Tier 3 adventure set in Castle Perilous. Or maybe it wouldn't! Lost of good stuff in that whole region, with the Warlock Knights, legacy of King Dragonbane, and the meddling of Orcus over many years.

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
It's generic, therefore anything they set there is easy to transport to other settings/homebrew.
FR is really not "generic" & that goes double when you compare it to most of the other settings where FR's plot armor is completely at odds with so much of the setting & just how many of FR's baseline assumptions are at odds with the baselines of other settings. FR is easy to transport to greyhawk because it is effectively a fork from greyhawk with the serial numbers filed off. FR is easy to transport to settings based on FR as well for obvious reasons.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases