Where is Christopher Perkins in all this?

Cybit

First Post
I believe he is primarily working on designing adventures; WotC adores him, and I would be very surprised if he is let go.

Fede

First Post
Having been a fan of his campaign posts on the WOTC website, and a big fan of Shackled City AP, I hope that his lack of design credits will allow him to playtest with his groups and come up with a great AP line for the new edition.

Chris Perkins said:
My two most recent D&D campaigns (Arveniar 1999–2006, Iomandra 2007–Present) began as playtests of 3rd Edition and 4th Edition, respectively. Given that Wizards has announced that we're working on the next iteration of the RPG, it should come as no surprise that I've been giving serious thought to what happens after the current Iomandra campaign ends. While I haven't discussed it with my players (and they will certainly have their input), one idea has emerged as an early frontrunner.

Relevant link:
Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Game Official Home Page - Article (Shiny New Thing)

I'd say that it's quite probable!

I can't find the quote by Greg B but he says Chris will be starting a 5E campaign that he'll be playing in. Someone with internet search fu may be able to find it.

Ichneumon

First Post
It was interesting to note that the Chris Perkins article mentioned the destruction of the Feywild and Shadowfell. Change is afoot.

Of course, if that's a current design decision that gets reversed, he'll have to conjure some other explanation for the effects. Which is no problem for a creative type. :cool:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
It was interesting to note that the Chris Perkins article mentioned the destruction of the Feywild and Shadowfell. Change is afoot.

Of course, if that's a current design decision that gets reversed, he'll have to conjure some other explanation for the effects. Which is no problem for a creative type. :cool:
You're assuming that the design team is changing that aspect of 4e for 5e. What if that is simply Chris's own idea for his 5e campaign?

There is no way to know for sure that the Feywild and Shadowfell are being excised from 5e. If they do remove those two 4e names, I won't be pissed, but diehard 4e fans likely will be.

Dwarfling

First Post

I think that was just an idea for his next campaign - he even says that he'll have to change it because he decided to use the Raven Queen towards the end of his current campaign.

Regarding his involvement in 5E design, I think he'll probably have a lot more to do with the post-release stuff like campaigns, story-lines and histories that will have to be created to make the 5E world relate to the previous editions while at the same time creating something new.

Whatever his involvement, as long as he keeps producing great DM videos for me to watch and learn, I'll be happy. In fact, I think it's a pretty safe bet that there will be a number of 5E game-play videos with Chris as the DM, showing everyone how fun the new edition is.

M.L. Martin

Adventurer
Miranda Horner has also been there since the TSR days I think?

Yes, but Miranda was signed on just before the buyout. Kim Mohan goes back to before AD&D, if memory serves.

Though I don't believe either of them has been there continuously since their first hirings--I know Mohan left for a while from the mid-80s to early 90s, and I think Miranda's been freelance for a while as well.

Remove ads