D&D 3E/3.5 Where to find a 3E Kercpa?

AuroraGyps

First Post
I know I'll probably get razzed because of the squirrel thing, but where can I find the 3E Kercpa? I know there's one site that has it, but the link's always been broken. If there is no coversion for it, I'd like to make a request for it. Thanks.

Grazzt

Demon Lord
AuroraGyps said:
I know I'll probably get razzed because of the squirrel thing, but where can I find the 3E Kercpa? I know there's one site that has it, but the link's always been broken. If there is no coversion for it, I'd like to make a request for it. Thanks.

Not sure I follow ya here. Do you mean 2e Kercpa? If you mean 3e, then there wouldnt need to be a conversion as it is already done for 3e....or something like that. :D

the Jester

Legend
But where is the 3e kercpa?

I have the MC Appendix (annual 3 or something?) with the 2e stats but haven't seen the 3e version; where is it?

Grazzt

Demon Lord
Ah- gotcha. There is no 3e Kercpa that I know of....unless someone posted it in the HomeBrews or something.

As for a site that has it...not sure where that would be. www.fantaseum.com perhaps? I think they do some monsters there.

AuroraGyps

First Post
2e Kercpa

I have the Dragon magazine that has the 2E Kercpa. I tried to convert it myself, but it hurt my head too much. I was hoping that somewhere on web, someone had converted it. I picture an elven PC with a Kercpa NPC sidekick. ;)
So, since I haven't found one, I'd like to request it on the Creature Catalog. You guys know what you're doing, where as I get a migrane just thinking of trying to convert something. ;) Thanx.

qstor

Adventurer
AuroraGyps - what issue is it in? I'll have a good at it over the weekend. I've done a conversion in a while.

Mike

AuroraGyps

First Post
Issue #

I can't remember. I think it's before 250... maybe not too far before either. I'll have to look and that may take a while since I haven't really unpacked my mags since my move. But, I'm planning on doing some cleaning this weekend, so I'll add it to my list.

Psychotic Jim

First Post
Here is a very rough conversion I made for a player of mine who wanted to play one of these.
(Coverted from Monstrous Compendium Annual Volume 4):

Kercpa
Tiny Fey
Hit Dice: 1d8 (4 hp)
Initiative: +4 (Dex)
Speed: 30 ft, Climb 40 ft
AC: 16 (+2 size, +4 Dex)
Attacks: Tiny longsword –1 melee or tiny shortbow +5 ranged
Damage: Tiny longsword 1d4-2; tiny shortbow 1d4-2;
Face/Reach: 21/2 ft by 21/2 ft / 0 ft.
Special Attacks: -
Special Qualities: Low-light vision, dodge missiles
Saves: Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +1
Abilities: Str 6, Dex 19, Con 11, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 10
Skills: Balance +6*, Climb +18*, Hide +12*, Jump +2, Listen +5*, Move Silently +4*, Spot +5*, Wilderness Lore +1*
Feats: Alertness, Track*
Climate/Terrain: Temperate Forest
Organization: Solitary, pair, band (3-12), or tribe (100-300)
Challenge Rating: 1
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Often chaotic good
Advancement: By character class
Kercpas are a race of tiny squirrel people. Appreciative of the calm of nature, kercpas avoid contact with all races except for elves and other fey. Kercpas live in remote, lush forests, far away from the depredations of mankind.
A kercpa appears as a humanoid version of a red squirrel, even having a bushy tail. Kercpas prefer to wear natural colors which help to hide them blend in the forests. Kercpas speak their own language which is composed of mostly chittering noises, but some speak Elven or Sylvan. Only a handful of these squirrel folk speak Common.

Combat
The statistic block above represents stats for a 1st level warrior kercpa. Kercpas, knowing their inability in melee combat, prefer to use hit-and-run tactics using ranged weapons. Kercpas are very adept at using the forest to their advantage, whether it be to conceal themselves or to conceal hidden traps.
Dodge Missiles (Ex): A kercpa gets a +4 dodge bonus to AC when attacked with ranged weapons.
Skills: Kercpas receive a +2 racial bonus on Listen, Spot, and Balance checks. In their home forests, kercpas receive a +4 racial bonus to Hide and Move Silently checks and +2 racial bonus on Wilderness Lore checks. They use their Dexterity modifier for Climb checks instead of Strength.
Feats: Kercpas receive Track as a bonus feat.

Kercpa Society

Kercpas gather together in tribal societies, living in harmony with nature. In the tribe, male and females have equal status and power, but males tend to be fighters and females shamans and wise-women. Exceptions do exist, however. Kerpas venerate a single earth goddess, but they also tell stories of Rititisk the Clever, the founding father of the Kercpa way of life.

Kercpa Characters
The kercpa’s favored class is ranger.

Remove ads